Manager - Governance Risk & Controls
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
Reporting to the Head of IT Governance, Risk & Control, the IT GRC Manager will ensure CBT IT is compliant with all internal and external regulations.
Principle accountabilities include but are not limited to:
1. IT Asset inventory :
- Managing Whole IT end user hardware and software assets in records
- Numbering and storing in a logical way the assets with bar code labelling
- Manages the entire software product lifecycle
- Collect back the assets upon employees end of service
- Allocation and deallocation of assets in coordination with properties administration team
- Track and associate the EUS assets with user profile
- Tag and De-Tag the asset through defined Process and Software including the labelling procedure.
- Perform below periodic audits to capture the Status, publish CMDB Reports and correct any deviations
- Perform quarterly reconciliation of asset data between CMDB and procurement system
2. IT Asset Monitoring
- Define the metrics to monitor assets (licenses usage; number of asset, expired warranties, cost of maintaining an IT asset...)
- Set up dashboard and report on the status of assets as per above metrics in order to support management in decision taking in regards to asset
- Based on monitoring, offer an asset strategy for improving asset performance
- Implement a roadmap taking into account forecast equipment downtime and repairs. This includes working with various department to understand their future asset needs (e.g. in case of branch opening)
- Set and communicate asset purchasing policy in conjunction with procurement policy
- Set and communicate on asset SOP such as asset allocation / de allocation; purchases, renewals
- Ensure asset usage by end user is compliant to asset policy by making end user accountable for their own asset usage
4. Financial and vendor management
- Identifies savings opportunities for hardware renewals
- Work with Asset vendor for warranty and guarantee claims
- Coordinate with Asset vendor for parts replacement and comply with Bank asset strategy
- Create efficiencies in the memo preparation for IT End user asset procurement by grouping the requests allowing possible negotiation with procurement
- Collaborate with IT Infrastructure for memo preparation for IT Infra assets (Server/Storage/Datacenter hardware)
- Closely work with IT PMO team in order to understand the asset requirements for projects, ensure full usage of funding allocated in the most efficient way
- Collaborate with IT application owner to maintain the license inventory and ensure full usage of the licenses. Highlight over usage in order to avoid bank penalties.
- Own the full OPEX inventory (licenses, AMC...), monitor, propose efficiencies, trigger renewals when required
5. Print Management Service (MPS)
- Printers asset inventory.
- Coordination with vendor for Toner supply
- Verify and supply of any new printer requests
- Follow up with vendor for warranty claims and replacement
6. End User Asset Service request.
- Remedy approval for Asset requests
- Validate with end users for proper info regarding the request
- Arrange the assets and deliver to Desktop Support Team
- Removal of software / hardware once they are not in use
- Memo preparation for IT RSA token
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Technology, Engineering/Computing
- Professional IT Service Management Certification - E.g. ITIL v3 Expert, ISO20000 LA
- 10+ years of experience in IT risk management
- Prior experience of assess management
- Experience in conducting risk assessments
- Prior experience in the banking sector
- Prior experience in working with systems such as Archer, Jira, Service Now, or any other IT-GRC platform.
- Prior experience in financials
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.