Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
An existing career opportunity has now arisen under Motiongate Dubai, HR Department as HR Manager. In this role you are responsible to support the Director of HR in the daily operation of the department, providing generalist HR support for colleagues and managers. Ensuring that processes, procedures, and administration run smoothly, provide excellence in customer service and are consistent with other entities and according to Park and company policies.
- Maintain an awareness of best practices and industry standards around Human Resources Management and support in developing the Department initiatives/ activities towards these benchmarks.
- Participate in the budget process, productivity analysis, costs of benefit, and employee/labour relations costs.
- Monitor staff turnover and recommend changes and improvements.
- In conjunction with the Director - Human Resources, serves as member of the management team and work closely with all managers in supporting and achieving the park's goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Senior and Line Managers, providing them expert guidance, coaching, and support on the full range of HR activities (including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, performance management, etc.), to insure a consistent and fair approach to people management throughout the Business Unit.
- Manage investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters to ensure successful scrutiny if challenged within the Labour Court.
- Provide advice and guidance on individual Colleague relation cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of the Company policies, best practice, and employment legislation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Human Resource policies and procedures to ensure effective, fair and consistent management of Colleagues throughout the Business Unit, and ensure that a Colleague handbook is comprehensive and up to date.
- Ensure that Managers and Colleagues are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively.
- Provide support to Colleagues on Human Resource issues, as and when required.
- Develop operational and capital budgets to support goals and objectives for the department.
- Monitor and review the system of performance appraisal and continually develop as necessary, ensuring that appraisals are carried out in a timely manner and followed up.
- Develop and maintain an effective partnership with Managers ensuring consultation and communication practices are routinely adopted to enable Management to make effective decisions and successfully implement proposals.
- Ensure communication of key business and organizational issues.
- Develop and facilitate training programs in the Business Unit and maintain records.
- Attend training and development programs to promote personal and career growth.
- Always comply with standards to drive and improve business excellence through monitoring, analysing performance and taking corrective or preventative action.
- Understand and follow all Standard Operating Procedures to exceed the operational requirements and ensure Guests receive the highest standards of quality and service.
- Execute the role of Duty Manager in the Business Unit, when required.
- Conduct performance evaluations, training, guidance, coaching and meetings.
- Contribute to the achievement of objectives, action plans and key performance indicators in the Company.
- Enforce and adhere to all UAE laws, Health, Safety and Environmental policies and Company rules and regulations, report safety concerns or incidents to management to minimize risk and maintain a clean safe and hygienic environment for all Guests and Colleagues.
- Assist with emergency situations that may arise to minimize possible damage, loss or injury to any Guests, Colleagues or Company property
- Always represent and promote the Company in a positive manner to maintain a professional brand image to all concerned stakeholders.
- Display a friendly, helpful, and cheerful attitude while communicating effectively with Guests and fellow Colleagues.
- Listen actively and respond to Guest feedback as well as review Guest Satisfaction Index results and trends to continuously improve and exceed Guest expectations.
- Enforce operational rules and regulations and provide crowd control in a friendly manner throughout the areas to ensure the Guest`s safety and an enjoyable experience.
- Support the Corporate Hospitality and Retail team as requested.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team.
Are You a Star?
- In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- CIPD qualification / Tertiary Certificate or Diploma in Human Resources
- A minimum of 5 years proven Human Resource Management and experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels in the U.A.E.
- Experience in operational human resources roles, preferably from a similar industry such as Entertainment, Hospitality or Tourism Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations around human resources practices
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at high levels and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Effective oral and written communications skills in English
- Possess good interpersonal skills for interacting with people.
- A team player and have the ability of meeting assigned targets.
- Multi-tasking, Problem solving and Judgement skills.
- Intermediate user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to read, understand and analyse financial and guest-feedback data reports.
- Strong hospitality acumen with an eye for detail
- Possess good leadership qualities.
- Master Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) certificate
- 8 years' proven Human Resource Management and experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels in the U.A.E.
- Previous experience in a similar role in hotel, theme park or integrated resort
- Ability to communicate in Arabic.
- Ability to provide business development plans and solutions
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014