Job description / Role
We are looking to recruit a Manager of IT Services to closely support the Director of IT in planning and leading all technology operations to ensure the smooth running of the IT department.
As an IT Services Manager, you will also be responsible for:
* Provides leadership for designing and implementing an on-going development plan of the organization
* Responsible with designing and implementing a training program for staff, faculty and students
* Ensures the proactive support of students, staff, and faculty with regards to technical issues.
* Motivates, develops, and oversees staff using quality service techniques in order to provide timely and accurate end user systems and services and high levels of customer satisfaction.
* Work together with faculty and administrators to develop technical resources and solutions that promote effective learning and efficient business practices.
* Establishes and execute ongoing practices and strategies to ensure the instruction and appraisal of faculty, students, and administrative staff in their use of technology.
* Builds and promote the services of the IT Help Desk.
* Develops and executes suitable assistance and discussion services to resolve issues and problems with campus IT resources and services.
* Formulates and keep a variety of narrative and statistical reports, records, and files related to assigned areas; prepare reports, articles, correspondence, and other materials.
* Liaise with other administrators, University personnel, and contractors to coordinate activities and programs
* Shares in departmental budgeting and planning activities; control and authorize expenditures in accordance with established limitations.
* Master's degree in Instructional Technology or related field; with a minimum 10 years of experience, including four years in a supervisory capacity with steady advancement in a complex organization, preferably within Higher Education.
* Knowledge of planning, organizing, and directing IT client services.
* Knowledge of the pedagogical issues related to the integration of technology into the learning environment.
* Experience on effective help desk management techniques.
* Research, analyze, and recommend new system software and services.
* Pinpoint challenges and work with staff to recommend and implement solutions.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.