Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE™ Dubai – a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE™ Dubai, you’ll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You’ll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that’s so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story – whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
The purpose of this role is to form the central strategic resource that will develop Motiongate L&D strategy and an organizational approach to issues such as essential training, management development, management culture, performance management, developing and sourcing E-learning, induction and the wider issues associated with improving teams and team development. With the HR Director the post holder will develop the Motiongate strategy and support the operational areas in translating this into workable plans.
• With the Human Resources Director produce a DPR Learning and Development strategy and work within all areas of the organization to ensure that this drives L&D planning and development.
• Hold accountability for translating the learning and development (L&D) requirements of DPR agenda into the DPR L&D strategy and ensure consistency across all levels.
• To identify best practice in all aspects of the work of DPR and translate this into high quality development plans for the organisation.
• To ensure that DPR has high quality performance development tools that are appropriate to the needs of the organisation and that drive up overall performance including supervision, appraisal and observation along with the Planning function
• To support in deploying the succession planning tools and policies. (when needed)
• To develop L&D policies & procedures for DPR that are robust and ensure equality of access to development opportunities including the L&D policy, long term awards etc.
• To ensure DPR has world class induction opportunities across the organisation that provide new staff with an excellent experience of their start of employment.
• To establish team development opportunities for all services and play a key role in developing employee engagement.
• To annually produce a management development programme that is driven by current and future development of DPR and where appropriate contribute to the delivery of these programmes.
• To design and deliver high level L&D events for DPR
• To support in maintaining a framework of job competencies allied to recruitment, retention, supervision and appraisal.
• To take an active coordinating role in the L&D outcomes and develop the L&D initiative into workable solutions that improve our performance.
• Provide guidance and advice to business units for failing services and individuals and collaboratively produce improvement plans and schemes that provide opportunities for improvement.
• Provide support to other members of the L&D team in DPR business entities and ensure that their work is in line with the L&D policies and procedures of DPR
• To ensure that E-learning are developed to provide a full range of opportunities to staff that are both innovative and appropriate to the needs of our staffing groups.
• Working with Business Entity L&D Coordinators to develop partnership arrangements and excellent working relationship with L&D providers in the areas.
• To ensure that all L&D initiatives within DPR are based on Equality and Diversity and that regular development occurs to embed high levels of understanding about L&D in our organisation
• Assist Head- Emiratization in design and development of National Development Initiatives and Programmes.
• Carrying out the full support and management for the DPR Academy strategy
• Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• B.A Degree in Human Resource or a relevant field
• Certified Trainer from an accredited body
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in a similar role in a multinational reputable organization.
• Excellent English Language Communication Skills
• Excellent Presentation Skills
• MS Office knowledge
• Oracle knowledge
• Survey monkey software knowledge
• Worked on performance management cycles for minimum of 2 years
• Delivered performance management training
• Knowledgeable on Planning/ Designing and Evaluation Training courses.
• International experience in the field of development
• Arabic Language Skills
• Coaching skills knowledge
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Training and Development Officer
TGC Consulting Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||5 Aug|
Learning and Development Specialist
Al Boom Marine
HR Field Partner
Head of Human Resources
Quest Search & Selection