Job description / Role
Reporting to the GM Hub Operations, the Manager Abu Dhabi Lounges is responsible for the oversight and leadership of the Hub Lounges across all terminals, to deliver a robust, safe, and cost-effective Lounge Operation.
This role is responsible for all premium service delivery within the airport, focused on the lounge experience and associated premium products, ensuring the consistent delivery of service standards at all premium touchpoints and for VIP guest movements.
Champion safety, security, on time performance, disruption management and operational delivery of agreed SLAs by third party supplier(s), driving performance and improvements across premium services. Work in consultation with the Manager Hub Operations Managers, Ground Operations Duty Managers and Lounge Supervisors to deliver operational plans.
- Provide airline oversight for the VIP/Premium Guest Experience at all airport touchpoints, including Check-in, Lounges, MAAS, VIP Terminal, Boarding, Transfer & Arrivals
- Accountable for hospitality, operational and financial performance of all Hub lounges, ensuring all OGSM and NPS targets are achieved in line with approved budget.
- Maintain strong relationships and communication with the Etihad VIP Desk regarding all VIP movements
- Engage and motivate direct and indirect employees to deliver an exceptional airport guest experience
- Address service handling failures and deploy service recovery as appropriate
- Review & Audit the delivery of premium services on an ongoing basis, documenting gaps and implementing improvement plans with the applicable providers
- Represent the interests of Etihad on all matters of brand, reputation, guest experience, service recovery and emergency/incident management
- Monitor & manage the service delivery of third-party supplier(s)/ground handlers in line with service level agreements (SLAs), ensuring that deviations are dealt with in a timely manner and corrective action is taken
- Establish a strong culture of communication with peers, leadership, suppliers and airline control centres for proactive planning and safe delivery of the flight schedule
- Ensure that all safety and security occurrences, errors, hazards, near misses are reported through the established reporting system for mitigation or elimination
- Ensure hazards and risks are identified, assessed, escalated to management (as applicable) and mitigated or eliminated
- Ensure compliance with UAE laws, regulations, company procedures and other applicable standards
- Prepare thorough and detailed reporting, handovers and follow up with Etihad leadership on matters impacting performance or guest service delivery
- Act on all incidents and deviations from Etihad standards, documenting actions and follow up as required
- Maintain and develop relationships with airport, airline, and ground handling stakeholders, and routinely discuss operational matters and implement improvement plans
Education & Experience
- High School or Diploma required
- Minimum 5 years' aviation experience, of which 3 years should be at a manager level (leading and influencing operational delivery) within an airline or ground handling company
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a service delivery or hospitality role
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world's leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad's codeshare partners, Etihad's network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world's leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com
COVID-19 UPDATE: The health and safety of our communities-including our employees and our candidates remains our top priority. From a recruiting perspective we are continuing to identify people for roles with Etihad in anticipation we will be able to hire, however the process may take longer because we are using more virtual recruiting techniques, and start dates may be delayed because of guidance from the governments in the countries we operate in. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, Stay safe and healthy.
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.