Job description / Role
This position is focused on developing the content and strategy for Global Hotel Alliance’s marketing communication programs - with a primary focus on email marketing initiatives. The Manager of Marketing Communications will work closely with the Director of Marketing Communications to create email strategy and drive tactical execution, focusing on greater personalization and segmentation and will be specifically responsible for the content quality and effectiveness across multiple channels for email and content marketing campaigns. This will require working with multiple counterparts and team members to develop and provide assets that are effective, seek out and understand analytics to optimize campaign performance based on past learnings, as well as other collaborative exercises with the ultimate goal of increased engagement and driving traffic and bookings to online. The ideal candidate is both creative and strategic, with prior success creating and managing multiple successful omni-channel marketing campaigns.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing Communications and is based in the GHA Dubai Office.
Role & Responsibilities
• Create content, layout, and copywriting for marketing campaigns, email, landing page and social channels.
• Develop intuitive and targeted campaigns as well as customer behavioral triggered communication strategies across multiple channels based on customer behaviors and insights.
• Optimize email communications through personalization, offers, creative, timing, and targeting utilizing existing tools as well as identifying other vendors that would increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Work closely with analytics team to optimize campaign segmentation, incorporate learnings from previous campaigns
• Manage relationships with external vendors that provide content, translations or assets
• Be an integral part driving revenue in the email marketing channel, identify areas for growth
• Develop the best “post-click” customer experience through utilization of landing pages, integrating social components, and general website experience.
• Elevate the Global Hotel Alliance member experience by building out seamless customer journeys
• Participate in marketing team and agency strategy sessions
• Support the director of marketing communications and other team members as needed to achieve program goals
To fulfill this role successfully, the candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of professional experience in a content marketing position that has included campaign strategy and channel ownership (preferably in Travel, leisure or hospitality industry)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
• Problem solver and creative thinker who is intensely detail-oriented, results-focused and able to successfully execute multiple complex projects accurately and on time
• Must be highly flexible and embrace constant change
• Must be able to work in a team environment, as well as individually
• Highly innovative with positive energy
It would be advantageous for the candidate to demonstrate the following capabilities
• Education and/or experience specialized in marketing and communications
• Knowledge of Oracle Responsys Automation tool
• Basic knowledge of HTML and/or CSS
About the Company
Global Hotel Alliance (GHA) is the world's largest alliance of independent hotel brands, bringing together more than 30 brands with over 550 hotels in 75 countries. GHA uses a shared technology platform to drive incremental revenues and create cost savings for its member brands. GHA's award-winning loyalty programme, DISCOVERY, provides 15 million members exclusive opportunities to immerse themselves in local culture wherever they travel.
Al Boom Marine
Marketing Manager - Education
Marketing & Business Development Executive
Southern Cross Trading