Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile
• Responsible for providing actionable analytical insights on customers, products, business segments, campaigns, and new initiatives for Transaction Banking Group.
• Support businesses with the key focus on designing, collating, and disseminating information and analysis to the business leaders and management.
• Developing and implementing appropriate business processes, dashboards, reports, disciplines, and schedules that deliver a holistic review of results, trends.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for developing and delivering insightful dashboards for TBG Business Risk& Governance, Products and Channels portfolio by incorporating key performance measures and indicators that drive performance measurements across segments and channels and abreast senior leadership on a regular basis on the health of the business and any early waning indicators.
• Transform the analytic insights into understandable and actionable recommendations and then communicate them effectively across the organization.
• Simplify and automate management reporting process to reduce close cycle time by creating, managing and providing various daily, monthly, quarterly, annual reports to the management/departments.
• Provide interactive dashboards with an instant access to information to monitor measure and manage business performances. Interact and understand the requirements, design, collate and disseminate information and analysis to the business leaders and management.
• Provide support to the preparation of short and long-term reports of key performance indicators, ad hoc analysis reports, economic valuations and cost/benefit information as needed or requested.
• Analyse customer behaviour, identify trends and patterns.
• Makes and implements recommendations through the use of data analysis and segmentation methodologies.
• Perform regular customer and product profitability analysis and support the stakeholders in making necessary changes in product features and product offerings and customer segments to focus for growth.
• Produce Monthly Sales Performance Dashboards and Other Business Risk & Governance related dashboards to monitor performance against the approved scorecards.
• Design and inculcate multi-factor campaign designs, which include the ability to test responses to variations on product bundles, pricing, risk, creative and channel.
• Support the product teams in identifying opportunities for cross-sell, up-sell to increase product penetration and digital health score within WBG customers.
• Responsible for report rationalization and is required to participate in special department projects and assist in any other financial reporting responsibilities as required. Provide any other service as directed to support the overall functioning of the Department to commensurate with the nature of assignment.
• Obtain feedback from users on Power BI reports, train and educate users to ensure effective use of BI.
• Support in preparation of structured dashboards and management information (MI) for reporting purposes.
• Manage CBUAE related reporting requirements, on KYC and ongoing due diligence or other TBG related products.
• Generation and circulation of dashboard tailored to the relevant audience, to manage the activities within Transaction banking Group, like educating the stakeholders about most significant risks to business, ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their business/ departments, ensure individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks.
• Draft reports of each functional review and record & track the implementation of review observations and recommendations.
• Produce MI in relation to the reviews undertaken for Head BRG and Head I&TBG.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ Economics / Finance or Equivalent
• 8 -10 years of relevant work experience in Business Intelligence / Analytics.
• Proven ability to analyse business problems and translate business needs into technical solutions
• Experience with a prior focus in financial services analytics
• Ability to visualize and develop graphical presentations of data and analysis for decision support.
• Ability to clearly present data-rich insights to senior management using appropriate graphics and business language, so that key messages can be actioned.
• Strong analytical and programming skills (e.g. SAS, SQL, Python)
• A good team player, flexible in a variety of tasks, accurate, attentive to details and having the ability to work on his/her own initiative.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.