Job description / Role
Amazon Worldwide Operations is the underlying fulfillment and customer service engine that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent, world-class customer experience every time. We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our Middle East Operations team. Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead Operational process improvement initiatives? Are you equally comfortable digging into business requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams?We are looking for candidates with a strong record of owning and executing strategic, cross-functional projects as well as partnering with other teams to drive key Operational process improvement programs.
This role requires working with business teams across the company to define requirements and high level process/system solutions, leading cross-functional teams and managing the timelines for field operations teams to support project launches. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential, as are a willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and get into the details that will make Operations world-class. This position will also require that you have the experience and flexibility to work with cross functional teams in a matrix organization. Written and verbal communication skills are a must in order to define high level business requirements for building software systems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business or 4+ years of Amazon experience
· 2+ years of experience with Supply Chain Management concepts i.e. forecasting, planning, optimization and logistics
· 4+ years of qualitative/quantitative data analysis related to Supply Chain, Operations, Transportation -Logistics or Inventory Management
· Project Management experience -experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions, writing detailed functional specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new software; as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization
· Prior experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma analytical techniques
· Proficient in Excel and SQL/Unix
· MBA or Master's Degree in Operations, Supply Chain or Logistics
· 2+ years managing small to medium size (2-8) cross functional teams
· Ability to solve problems and come up with innovative solutions
About the Company
Souq.com - the Middle East's online marketplace.
We connect people and products - opening up a world of possibility. From bracelets and backpacks to tablets and toy cars - we give you access to everything you need and want. Our range is unparalleled, and our prices unbeatable.
Driven by smart technology, everything we do is designed to put the power directly in your hands - giving you the freedom to shop however, whenever and wherever you like.
We're trusted by millions, because we don't just deliver to your doorstep, we were born here. With Souq.com you'll always be getting a good deal - with exceptional service that makes your shopping experience as easy and seamless as possible.