Job description / Role
Dubai Holding Entertainment (former Arab Media Group) currently has an exciting career opportunity in Corporate Information technology. We are looking to hire a Manager - Platforms.
The Manager - Platforms will be responsible for executing the end to end strategy for DHE’s IT Application Platform services through internal teams, corporate services and our partner ecosystem. The Technologist will lead a number of change initiatives and service transformation towards delivery of end-to-end Application Platform services, cloud migration and enabling digital customer and employee experiences.
Internal: Leadership team & HODs
External: Business Partners, Contractors, and Service providers.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
• Prepare and present inputs related to organizational/ departmental/ project budgets to the next reporting line.
• Manage and control the actual cost verses budget on periodic basis and provide financial reports/data related to the department/ divisional/ project’s financial performance.
• Support (lead and execute where advised) consolidation of and delivery of group wide centralized IT application platform services
• Support (lead and execute where advised) transformation of common IT applications used across the group into a set of Platform Services and drive further adoption of cloud for these services.
• Join and contribute to application platform user communities across the group to co-define multi-year roadmaps for each of the application platforms, promote collaboration and knowledge sharing
• Ensure that the group is driving automation and lean processes into the delivery of platform services
• Ensure reliability and stability of services by establishing, implementing, and automating processes which maintain uptime, introduce new services quickly and with minimal interruptions, and recover services rapidly while minimizing negative customer impact if and when they go down
• Proactively measure and monitor systems to prevent technology downtimes and liaise with business verticals to solicit feedback to continuously improve outcomes
• Initiate service improvement plans and strategies to improve reliability, add value and decrease costs
• Accountable for overall budgets and costs for running and managing IT application platforms under the direct remit.
• Infuse automations to address the gaps in the existing Backoffice and midoffice operations
• Develop and implement policies, procedures and processes for the respective applications and ensure reviewing and keeping the existing ones updated as part of the ‘continuous process improvement’.
Learning and Development:
• Proactively takes initiative in learning new technologies aligned to the strategic business objectives of the organisation.
• Ensure that team members are provided learning and career development opportunities preparing them for the next accountable roles
• Ensure that productivity and service delivery of the department is improved on continuous basis by keeping team members motivated and retained.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; MBA preferred
• 10+ years of professional and technical experience, minimum 5 years in Oracle ERP services
• Experience in roles of Application Platforms Management or equivalent position in a global environment.
• Experience working with Oracle ERP technical and functional support systems, frameworks and technical hands-on experience in Oracle Finance and SCM functions is a MUST.
• Oracle Fusion experience is an added advantage. Oracle ERP/IT Project Management certification desired.
• Led at least 2 end-to-end Oracle ERP implementation projects in the past 3 years.
• Experience leading and driving towards cloud based, automated service delivery and management embedding simplification, agility and employee experience
• Experience in supplier management, contracts management and managing services provided by 3rd party suppliers.
• Experience in a federated structure with matrixed leadership responsibilities.
• Demonstrated experience driving digital service transformation through innovation and the implementation of technology.
• Knowledge in emerging technologies, and the ability to apply these in the service of the company’s key business goals.
• Experience leading complex, major change initiatives; demonstrated skills in projects and change management.
• Possesses a growth mindset; able to constantly upgrade knowledge and stay updated on new technologies
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG), a member of Dubai Holding, is one of the region’s leading providers of media and family-oriented entertainment, delivering engaging content and creating exceptional experiences. Established in 2005, AMG has been serving a diverse regional audience through its multiple media and entertainment platforms that span across radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. It currently comprises of Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Done Events and Global Village.
IT Manager (Systems & Applications Development)
Middle East Executive
IT Project Manager
TGC Middle East
IT Project Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Associate Director / Project Manager
Ignite Search & Selection
Assistant Manager - Finance Operations & Reporting
Arab Media Group (AMG)