Job description / Role
Our client, a semi government organization, is currently looking for a Manager - Programming and Cultural Affairs to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will be responsible to research, develop and manage local, regional and international cultural relations and to provide executive support in all required areas as directed by the Director of Operations and the Founder. Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Attend meetings with the Founder, making sure complete pre-meeting notes and preliminary researches are prepared and briefed to the Founder ahead of time; and take minutes of meetings.
• Prepare agendas, research entities and individuals and prepare pre-meeting briefs. As well as, prepare and circulate minutes of meeting for Founder with external entities as appropriate.
• Engage in research with Company’s network of international strategic cultural partners.
• Maintain relations with cultural organizations whose mission and objectives fit with that of Company and Festival and cultivate some to official partners, as instructed by the Founder.
• Research and monitor activities of key regional and international festivals and cultural organizations.
• Research and identify regional and international visit opportunities in cooperation with the Director of Operations. Also, research and identify local, regional and international conferences for the Founder to attend.
• To support the Director of Operations in managing the contract for international relations consultants as appropriate.
• Coordinate regional and international travel arrangements for the Founder along with members of staff in the Founder’s office and be available to travel alongside the Founder.
• Oversee and manage the guest relations of the Festival and be the main point of contact for the guests’ liaison officers during the Festival, as well as manage front row seating during the Festival.
• Manage any events, such as dinners and lunches for any cultural relations purposes, and coordinate with the Founder’s Office and the Events team accordingly.
• To support the Director of Operations in regard to all Protocol arrangement as required.
• To receive and gather information on solicited and unsolicited artistic proposals from artists, agents and cultural organisations to share and review with the Founder.
• To support the Director of Operations in filing incoming and outgoing artistic and cultural affairs related correspondence documents, artistic proposals and content, and maintain an effective filing system – both electronic and hard copies as required.
• To ensure and archive a database of contacts for all artists who have performed at the Festival, as well as build and maintain a database of potential artists for future contributions for Festival.
• Coordinate and manage memberships to relevant networking organizations.
• Support the Director of Operations in collaborative development of program elements and/or co-commissions with Partner organisations.
• Perform other tasks pertinent to the function as they arise and as delegated by the Director of Operations and Founder.
• Respond to daily requests of the Director of Operations and Founder.
• Assist Director of Operations procedures manual.
• Prepare and regularly update Founder’s Office Procedures Manual and Festival Procedures Manual.
• Identify and provide advice/recommendation on possible methods for the overall enhancement of existing office practices, including guidance for the improvement of existing festival procedures.
• Supervise the execution of Arabic written communication and proofread the same before onward submittal to the Founder for signature.
• Undertake translations, when required.
• Assist Head of Department in the RSVP’s in the Festival’s VIP Guest list.
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Culture or Event Management, preferably Masters’ Degree or equivalent.
• A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in an Arts or Education/ public/ private organization/ foundation
• Willing to work outside normal working hours as well (9:00AM to 6:00PM, Sunday – Thursday)
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
Engagement Manager (Public Sector) - Economic Development
NSI & Bluefin Talent