Job description / Role
You have the experience, education and drive to lead. What you're missing is the freedom to create your dream. When you join DarkMatter, you'll find that freedom and build the future of cyber security in the UAE.
As a Manager Red team and Incident Response , you will:
- Plan and execute red team assessments of DarkMatter applications, systems networks, facilities across all of our business units and locations.
- Contribute to our penetration testing program and toolkit
- You should be familiar with stack/heap/integer overflows, DEP/ASLR bypass, stack cookies, SEH, x86/x64, C/C++.
- Perform APT hunting on DarkMatter internal networks to detect malicious insiders or pre-malicious activity or external APT agents.
- Grow, build, manage and mentor a team of red team penetration testers
- Identify gaps in the hardening of applications systems networks and facilities and collaborate with IS Blue Team and IT to help propose controls to counteract findings of Red Team assessments
- Create threat models for APT lateral movement and propose controls that would prevent, contain and detect lateral movement
- Incorporate red team countermeasures into DMG Reference Security Architecture
- In the event of an incident affecting DMG
- Be responsible for coordinating actions carried out by all technical teams during security incidents
- Lead crisis management meeting during engagement and report to senior management internally.
- Present technical material in a clear, organized briefing to a mix of technical and non-technical personnel
- Perform hands on investigation by coordinating with Information Technology, CND, IS Security Operations, Managed Security Operations (SOC) and other teams as appropriate.
- Continuously strive to stay abreast of the latest security threats and attacks, attendance of internationally known conferences and relevant certifications
- Evangelize information security policy and best practice within DMG
Your personal dream could be the world's reality
At DarkMatter we believe that "impossible is only the beginning." That's why we empower our employees to create, not just their future at our company, but also the future of cyber security around the world. As a member of our growing team, you'll take your vision and use your creativity to produce the technology solutions of tomorrow. With the agility of a startup and the talent of an experienced firm, we'll connect you with like-minded colleagues ready to create what's next in the field. When the only constant in tech is change, shift your focus to the UAE and lead the next development at DarkMatter.
To bring your dream to life, you'll need:
- 8+ years of experience demonstrating deep technical skills in at least three domains of penetration testing, systems or application security, security architecture, network security and system or network administration.
- Extensive knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25
- Experience creating custom penetration testing tools and researching novel attacks.
- Posses in-depth knowledge of industry information security standards such as NIST 800-53 series and CIS benchmarks.
- Possess a contrarian mindset - you do not accept things are done in a certain way because they have always been done this way.
- Comply with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and practices and operate at the highest degrees of integrity and confidentiality.
- Keeps abreast of security industry trends/best practices for use in strategic and/or tactical planning
The impossible is just the beginning at DarkMatter. An agile startup with a global mindset, we're innovating for our clients and securing them from tomorrow's threats today. We work across teams, geographies and industries to provide holistic, secure, trusted and integrated protection services in areas such as:
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Cyber Network Defense
- Managed Security Services
- Secure Communications
- Infrastructure & System Integration
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Test & Validation Labs
We created KATIM, the world's most secure smart phone and communications suite, and we're looking ahead to what comes next. Our rapidly developing digital reality demands we look at and implement cyber security in a different way than we have in the past, and we are at the forefront of this "sea" change.
Our people define us. They are talented adventurers who are shaping the tech landscape from Abu Dhabi with their considerable expertise and experience. For them, DarkMatter is a place where they can make their cyber security dreams come true. We embrace and foster the entrepreneurial spirit that propels our people and our company forward. Our industry is ever evolving, and so are we.
Working in Abu Dhabi
Just off the Arab Gulf and right at the edge of your imagination, is a place where geniuses make their cyber security dreams come true.
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.