Job description / Role
Principal Functions (Major Areas of Responsibility):
Provides interpretation of and legal advice regarding telecom regulatory framework in the UAE. Leads drafting of legal documents falling within the scope of UAE telecom regulatory area.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Participates in the telecom regulatory support in company's business activities and projects
• Participates and performs daily operations in telecom regulatory issues, including interactions with the UAE telecom regulator and other UAE telecom operators on telecom regulatory matters
• Interacts with other Regulatory Affairs Department’s teams and other Etisalat departments’ teams.
• Supports and participates in dispute resolution of UAE telecom regulatory disputes.
• Participates in research on telecom regulatory issues on operative level and based on international best practice
• Provides support concerning application of the telecommunications law and telecom regulations in the UAE for internal purposes
• Leads drafting of legal documents falling within the scope of telecom regulatory area
• Participates in preparation of telecom regulatory opinions
• Participates in projects providing telecom regulatory support on expert level
• Supports and assists in requested and related administrative work
• Assists in the instruction of and coordination with external legal counsel
Formal Education Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Law
Related Professional Training, Certification or Membership:
• Mandatory Fluent English to native speaker level
• Higher Degree in Law; Arabic language skills
Years & Field of Experience required:
• 3-4 years of experience in telecom regulatory and related legal affairs including time spent in private practice and preferably also in-house in an incumbent telecommunications company
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.