Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
As a Manager - Retail store you will lead the LEGO BIG Shop store team. The role is to achieve set targets in revenue, profit and spend per guest. Health and safety and guest satisfaction KPIs are also a key priority.
- The development and delivery of the Retail strategy in conjunction with the Head of Retail
- To deliver budgeted spend per guest and best in class merchandise standards
- To ensure full compliance with Trading Standards. Compliance with all Retail pricing legislation laws
- To drive the team and be focused on exceptional guest experience achieving all KPI targets
- To achieve the Retail budget revenue and profit target. Applying high- street marketing approaches (within the context of the LEGOLAND brand) to ensure revenue maximization and robust cost management systems to convert to profit
- To fulfil shifts as required during a 7 day trading week, involving weekend and Public Holiday commitment
- As a key member of the Departmental Management Team participate in and drive the strategic direction of the business and the five-year plan
Business impact / Results
- Annually work with the head of retail in setting budgets for the store incorporating the Resort strategies and delivered in line with finance dept timetable expectations
- Manage the store against this budget, applying management processes to pro-actively adjust cost performance in light of revenue projections to manage profit
- Create clear lines of budget responsibility for each supervisor and ensure budget holders are suitably trained to manage these responsibilities
- Measure and maintain high operational standards on a daily basis, by taking appropriate action to rectify identified poor standards
- Perform shifts as required and as a senior Department Manager at weekends ensure that the daily operation of the park is geared to meet the guests and employees needs
- Review store layout and visual merchandising techniques to ensure they are at a high standard and that layouts reflect current trading/ weather conditions
- Continue to aid development of brand values.
- Work closely with the Head of Retail and Buying Manager to ensure all Retail products are selected for the coming season are as per group strategy and that they reflect our core market / age profile.
- Manage and oversee the day to day operational challenges within the store through a strong and empowered management competency level, commitment, drive, energy and positive approach
- Hold regular operational measurement and action review meetings with the team.
- Demonstrate and promote Merlin Group values to all colleagues.
- Measure and maintain high operational standards on a daily basis, taking appropriate action to rectify identified poor standards.
- Forge close communication with the Buying Office and Retail central support teams accurately review sales, understand current consumer trends / Profit per Guest.
Decision Making & Autonomy
- Responsibility for the store on site and be accountable for the development of the look and feel so that it is consistent with the brand standards.
- Ensure the store in conjunction with the Head of Retail has a clear and logical strategy, updated annually and aligned behind the brand and strategy
Health & Safety
- Comply with all health & safety procedures and all reasonable management requests.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse any item provided in the interests of health & safety.
- Take reasonable care of themselves, fellow employees, guests and any other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Report any accident, incident, or unsafe situation as soon as possible, once it comes to their attention
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria
- Minimum of 5 years experience in retail with financial experience, preferably in Theme Park or Customer Service related industry
- At least 3 years of managerial experience is required, preferably from within the leisure industry
- Must be customer-service focused and have an understanding of customer expectations
- Must possess strong communication skills, both in a verbal and written format
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to make quick decisions required
- Ability to work as part of a team and to develop others within the team structure required
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Area Sales Supervisor Travel Retail
Assistant Store General Manager
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Assistant Sales Manager - Furniture