Job description / Role
EY is seeking the region's leading Cyber Energy expert to help expand the EY Cyber Energy sector business which covers Oil, Gas, Power and Utilities. This position will be the Cyber interface into the EY Energy Sector and have demonstrated experience, knowledge and relationships within the MENA Energy Sector - both internal to EY and to our clients. They will be expected to have wide Cyber exposure that includes at a minimum Cyber Strategy, IAM, SOC, Resilience, Forensics and Incident Response and demonstrated capability to work with domain Managers to bring the best solutions and delivery to our clients. They will also provide Managership to the other junior staff in the group and be the Energy sector champion for the Cyber Partner. They will work closely with the regional Cyber Managership and EY Energy Managership and be part of a unique global network of Cyber Energy specialists to drive innovation, operational excellence and sales. In addition, they will also develop a close working relationship with the OT and IoT specialists, IAM, Cyber Analytics, SOC and Threat Intelligence teams in MENA, EMEIA and Globally.
The Cyber Energy Manager is a critical customer facing role that requires the instinctive ability to recognize gaps in customer capabilities and to translate them into business requirements and an execution strategy in a clear and concise manner. The Cyber Energy Manager will be responsible for the development of the overall Cyber Energy vision that underlies the customer-centric EY services, and plays a primary role in the customization of tailored end-to-end services to the Energy Sector. The Cyber Energy Manager will also play key role in introduction of new services /solutions in EY portfolio to the Energy Sector in terms of evaluation, integration and deployment of the same.
- Customize EY Cyber services for the Energy sector through marketing, sales and delivery material.
- Managership of the EY Cyber teams to deliver successful services to Energy clients.
- Key presenter and thought Managership at Energy events, industry representation, white papers and clients along with other key EY executives and management.
- Demonstrated ability to engage "C" level stakeholders and explain Cyber in business terms.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with the customer cyber / security team.
- Work with delivery teams to ensure success integration of the project to our clients.
- Establish great and intimate working relationships with both the EY Oil & Gas and EY Power & Utility sector teams.
- Clearly articulate the cyber issues the MENA Energy sector faces and the solutions required.
- Providing input for improvements to of EY Cyber services in line with dynamic regional and global cyber risk profiles and the global network.
- Key advisor to the EY Cyber MENA Partner and regional steering committees of any Cyber Energy specific market changes, opportunities and issues.
To qualify, candidates must have
A real passion for Cybersecurity, who can articulate complex technical problems and solutions to "C level", with a focused state of mind to understand how technology can assist and support to protect Energy clients from the threats they face. We are looking for a Cyber Energy Manager with capability and experience in some of the following areas:
- Excellent Managership, team work, passion and drive to succeed and combat Cyber threats
- Energy sector solution focus, design and deployment
- Experienced with both the Oil & Gas and Power & Utility sectors
- Proven relationships in the Energy sector with senior Managers
- Experienced in dealing with Cyber OT and Industrial IoT issues
- Awareness and knowledge Threat Intelligence / feeds platform integration in an enterprise
- Awareness and knowledge of IAM solutions
- Awareness and knowledge Big data analytics, dashboards, eGRC and behavioral analysis tools
- Awareness and knowledge of Cyber Incident Response
- Awareness and knowledge Attack & Penetration Testing / Ethical Hacking
- Awareness and knowledge Application Security Risk Assessment
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have an Bachelor degree in Computer, Information Systems or Engineering related field preferred
- 6+ years of working experience in a senior Cyber role
- 4 + years of working in the energy field, preferably covering both Oil & Gas and Power& Utility sectors
- Strong experience on customer service processes and solving issues
- Proven solution sales record with strong client intimacy
- Knowledge of various security architecture methods such as Enterprise Architect Frameworks like TOGAF, SABSA, etc
- Ability to explain business principles of secure system designs in terms of business risk
- In depth Desktop OS and Server OS knowledge
- Knowledge of networking and application knowledge
- Knowledge of analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of network monitoring technology platforms.
- Knowledge of end point protection tools, techniques and platforms.
- Internationally recognized technical certifications in relevant areas
- Knowledge with TCP/IP, security concepts, WAN and LAN concepts, Routing Protocols, Firewall Security policies
- Knowledge of VPN technology, PKI, AAA, and IDS concepts
- Understanding of the principles of best practice security as embodied in ISO27001
What we look for
Highly motivated, a good communicator you will need to convey technical content in business language with senior management.
You'll also need to be a team player who is not only looking to enhance their own career, but recognises the value in developing others and strengthening the team.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region