Job description / Role
Deals - Strategy & Operations - Energy, Utilities - Manager / Senior Manager - Abu Dhabi
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC is the largest professional services firm in the Middle East with over 6,000 employees offering unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy through to Deals, Consulting, Tax and Assurance Services. PwC operates across 12 countries in the region and serves both public and private sector clients.
Within PwC, our Deals line of service helps organizations execute successful deals and create value through strategy definition and due diligence for domestic and cross-border M&A, divestitures and spin-offs, capital markets transactions like IPOs and debt offerings, and bankruptcies and other business reorganizations.
Deals Strategy & Operations Overview:
Deals Strategy & Operations (DSO) provides strategic and operational advice across the deal continuum from setting the deal strategy to post-deal execution. Examples of services we undertake include advising funds on strategic decisions, supporting businesses in conducting commercial due diligence on potential target acquisitions, developing business plans and corporate strategies, and assessing feasibilities of potential investments. Our team includes a diverse mix of profiles with people with relevant strategy, investment, and operations experience combined with deep industry expertise. Our clients include regional and international corporates, leading private equity houses, family offices, major banks and investment funds, and government entities.
The Energy, Utilities, Mining and Infrastructure (EUMI) team within DS&O is seeking to hire an experienced Manager or Senior Manager to work closely with the leadership to develop the EUMI vertical, and work across a range of Deals advisory assignments from commercial / business diligence to transaction advisory in joint ventures & alliances.
As a Manager or Senior Manager within the EUMI team in DS&O, your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the successful delivery of projects, which may include multiple projects at a time, while leading a team of 3-4 consultants.
- Managing the client relationship on a day-to-day basis including other stakeholders.
- Structuring and ensuring the development of reports encompassing the relevant analysis, findings and recommendations
- Supporting on business development efforts across key geographies in the GCC and within the EUMI sectors / subsectors
Preferred Knowledge and skills
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or proven record of success in, commercial due diligence or corporate strategy roles, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, private equity or corporate organizations, emphasizing the following:
- Understanding various facets of mergers, integrations, spin-offs and/or divestiture transactions, including options analyses and recommendations.
- Assisting clients with strategic planning and business reviews; growth, market entry and international expansion; and market opportunity sizing.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities, and/or proven record of success with, managing and developing strategic client relationships while providing the highest quality client work across multiple client projects:
- Building solid and collaborative relationships with team members and fostering a productive teamwork environment.
- Taking an active role in new business development and pursuit activities, including client lead maturation, proposal development, and closing new business opportunities.
- Delivering significant business results that reflect strategic and creative thinking and individual initiative.
- Managing complex projects while functioning as a trusted advisor at the highest levels of client organizations.
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships.
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex data, including Market and competitor analysis (market sizing, drivers and dynamics), customer analysis and internal analysis (strategic analysis, business model reviews, and financials).
- Developing high-impact work plans: prioritizing issues that drive the answer,
developing creative ways to prove or disprove hypotheses, estimating time and resourcing required for work modules.
- Managing multi-resource engagements: using work plans to manage day-to-day execution, removing roadblocks, proactively asking for help, effectively communicating up, down and laterally.
- Improving work processes: proactively finding standard-setting for engagement execution, codifying and sharing new insights.
- Providing direction, coaching and guidance to junior resources.
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
- Synthesizing issues for leadership team;
- Managing project workstreams and developing proposals, deliverables and reports using the Microsoft suite of applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Multi-tasking and balancing time effectively, keeping a rapid pace without sacrificing quality.
- Understanding advanced analytics and big data is preferred.
Minimum years experience required
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in a strategy consulting firm, private equity, investment fund, or other environments where similar skills have been developed.
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with high scores (top 10% in class and/or above 3.6/4 CGPA)
- MBA from top business school is preferred, though not essential
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.