Job description / Role
Manager/Senior Manager - Performance Improvement Advisory - Technology, Media & Entertainment, Telecom
This role operates within the Advisory TMT sector in MENA region, reporting to advisory TMT leadership and working with staff across 14 MENA offices, and based in GCC.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will focus on transforming the Digital and Customer agenda in leading Telco operators in MENA region. You will team with various EY groups with digital capabilities to pursue and deliver digital and customer strategy engagements and solutions that will bring our clients’ digital vision and strategy to life.
As Advisory TMT Manager/Senior Manager, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. With guidance from partners and directors, you'll identify potential business opportunities for EY.
Skills and Attributes for Success
• Manage multiple projects, engagement economics and receivables, project resources and team utilization
• Lead the delivery and execution of high quality deliverables and manage service quality, brand and client expectations
• Collaborate with team members in developing applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate EY in the digital and customer advisory market for telco environments
• Providing broad technical knowledge of various key technology and business platforms used by telco operators
• Teaming with client technology professionals and third-party strategic alliances
• Interacting and communicating effectively with teammates, clients, stakeholders, and executives
• Professional network and networking skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Client relationship management and account management skills. Experience in handling mid to large-size accounts
• Ensure compliance to the firm’s standards, processes and policies
• Contribute to the firm’s initiatives in enhancing market leadership, growth, quality, people agenda and operational excellence
• Take the lead in recruiting activities
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecom Engineering or in IT related domain
• Graduate degree, preferably from a premier institute with a good academic background
• At least 6-8 years (Manager) and at least 8-10 years (Senior Manager) of relevant experience, preferably working in consulting domain
• Expertise in two or three areas: digital / business transformation, strategy formulation, customer journey, and go-to-market strategy
• In-depth telco domain knowledge and expertise
• GCC nationals are preferred
• Bilingual applicants are preferred (Arabic and English)
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating enterprise business processes with technology skills
• Knowledge of leading practices, benchmarking, peer company environments and prior advisory experience relevant to industry-specific business and technology functions
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Certifications and prior consulting experience highly preferred
• Willingness to travel
• Flexible to adopt to a demanding lifestyle
• Able to thrive in relatively unstructured situations
• High initiative and drive, positive attitude and high commitment
• Maturity and ability to handle pressure
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the Digital and Emerging Technology space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their digital strategy, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region