Job description / Role
Consulting - Government - Sustainability (ESG) - Manager/Senior Manager
Line of Service
Advisory - Other
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 6,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core industry sectors including (Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organisation, Economics and Sustainability and Technology)
Business Unit and Role Overview
This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Government and Public Sector Business Unit and its Sustainability Consulting team, where you will play a key role in developing and delivering strategy based projects, to clients in the Government and Public Sector in the Middle East. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. You will be exposed to the PwC proprietary methodologies and tools built from experiences of numerous prior engagements and leading practices, to enable you to efficiently and effectively deliver to our clients in a timely and reliable manner.
- Masters (preferable) - Sustainability and/or Public Policy or a related topic
- Bachelor's Degree in Environment, Social Science or Economics
Years of Experience
- 6 - 10 years of experience in a similar industry/role
- Experience in leading project in one of the following areas: ESG assessments for businesses, sustainability impact assessment, coupling environmental and macroeconomic analysis or forecasting, green recovery or green economy in policy development, climate change transition and physical risk assessments, Greenhouse gas emissions calculations and scenario modeling for net zero strategies, natural capital assessments and ecosystem service modeling
- Familiar with and proven experience in using contemporary international standards on sustainability measurement, assessment tools and methodologies related to the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs 7, 13, 14, 15) as well as with collaborative initiatives being undertaken by governments and businesses to meet their international commitments (eg. climate action platform of UNFCCC)
- Proven experience of revenue under management or revenue generation of +$500k p.a
- Experience in sustainability and climate change impact analysis or related modeling techniques
- Proven ability to structure issues and use analytical skills to solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience through written and oral communication
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite is mandatory and experience in working with relevant sustainability, climate change and biodiversity modeling software
- Proven experience of delivering high-quality strategic engagements across multiple industries
- Strong interest and passion for developing, growing and leading a team through advanced coaching and mentoring, as well as proactive knowledge sharing
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East or where the project requirements dictate
- Language skills: Fluent in English (verbal and written), Arabic (verbal and written) would be an added advantage.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.