Job description / Role
Manager, Specialised Collection - Preferred UAE Nationals
* Ensure that the Collections Strategy & processes for pertaining to Specialised Collections are followed and executed as set by Management.
* Ensure that staff is being made aware of the new process & strategies implemented.
* Renew and develop collection processes and enhance them as per the requirement of Group standards/Regulator.
* Managing Country Retail Legal portfolio of Secured/Unsecured loans (Collection and Recovery) and Enhance of performance through Litigation.
* Accountable for all costs/expenses of legal team, ensure adequacy of accruals in the collections cost centres
* Monitor the billing, accrual forecasts and MIS for law firms.
* Manage and lead regular meetings with the law firm(s) to ensure consistent performance and constant engagement.
* Ensure law firm invoices are processed accurately for Criminal and Repo cases and on timely basis.
* Ensure all approvals related to costs are obtained prior filing criminal/repo and car sale cases and in line with department accruals.
* Escalate, where appropriate, to the senior management and law firm(s) on pending cases where TAT is exceeded and ensure prompt resolution.
* Filling of cheque ounce complaints for all products on the recommendation of respective Managers.
* Ensure timely repossession and sale of identified vehicles to support auto recovery budgets.
* Provide timely information analysis and detailed statistical reports to internal stakeholders.
* Ensure Legal policies and procedures comply with Group Policies and standards. Assure proper and updated documentation of legal policies and procedures are maintained at all times.
* Accountable for satisfactory closure of issues/gaps arising from Audit.
* Ensure timely communications are sent to the customers notifying them on filing cases with the local authorities.
* Manage and ensure all the various procedure stages of filing cases are updated to the CACs system to comply with the legal policy to facilitate the data when required by the units within the collection department
* Manage and control all matters in relation to legal accounts by constantly reviewing litigation procedure to ensure early recovery actions are taken to maximise prospects of recovery.
* Ensure Specialized Collection function and third party law firm compliance to the Group Code of Conduct
People and Talent
* Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
* Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
* Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
* Oversee career development plans of key resources; to assure robust succession planning.
* Account for compliance with operational risk, against money laundering guidelines, reputational risk, Treating Customer Fairly policy, and local regulations on collection activities including but not limited to customer data privacy, physical contact and use of third party agency guidelines.
* Implement the Operational Risk Framework as planned and on a timely basis, and proactively. Ensure proper identification of the material risks and maintaining and effective control environment.
* Awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
* Career Development Banking Program (Tawteen).
* Relevant years of experience in Collection.
* Languages: Arabic / English
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.