Job description / Role
• Reporting to the Head of Technical Projects, the Manager will be actively involved in a number of simultaneous projects in support unplanned third party productions, events and programming that might take place across any of the EVE Stages & Spaces
• Partnered with a Senior Manager, each unit will engage and liaise with equivalent peers from within the touring company or production agency at earliest opportunity to provide direct support and direction with the technical production requirements of the proposed event, verifying suitability for the venue and compatibility with the existing house systems, ensuring any technical production requirements are managed and responded to in a timely manner
• Should the production require additional technical support, this team will facilitate and support any relevant approval processes
• Once on-site, this unit then becomes the technical interface with the relevant venue technical manager and/or technical contractor. Some overnight shift patterns are to be expected as a result.
• Liaise with EVE Production, Programming and Master Scheduling teams to understand incoming ‘third party’ enquiries ie those not managed by existing delivery agencies
• Host and facilitate initial meetings and/or site visits with the interested parties, to determine technical expectations and associated build/strike schedules align with the in-house technical systems and master schedule programming
• Brief, coordinate and involve EVE technical design consultants, and contractors, plus Expo stakeholders throughout the planning, pre-approvals, load in, rehearsal, operations and load out phases in relation to Lighting, Video, Audio, Power, Communications, Staging and rigging, including interface with any IT, Broadcast or Virtual Technology requirements
• Liaise with technical staff, associated consultants, contractors and Expo stakeholders in the delivery of their duties
• Responsible for reviewing, managing and monitoring visiting productions working collaboratively with the in–house technical and operations team
• Attend meetings as required
• Create and adhere to risk management strategies in relation to the delivery of EVE technical production and planning
• Adhere to H&S strategies in relation to the delivery of all EVE technical elements and ensure staff and sub/contractors are aware and abide by H&S requirements
• Comply and respond to all Expo 2020 procedural, administrational, and operational guidelines and instructions
• Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
• Proactively support and ensure that the principle contractors and subcontractors support sustainability, that is in line with Expo 2020
• Other duties as required
• Tertiary education
• 5+years’ experience in Event Systems, major events & International Theatres.
• Experience with planning and delivery of large scale live events, festivals and/or theatre.
• Knowledge & experience of technical production
• Significant experience in delivering large, complex programmes of work
• A track record of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams effectively
• Ability to manage, direct and coordinate a wide range of people at differing levels of authority
• Ability to develop positive relationships among internal and external stakeholders, peers and senior management
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to lead a team that supports several internal departments on key issues
• Displays the highest levels of integrity and commitment
• Excellent negotiating, communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
• Flexible, resilient and positive through organizational growth and change.
About the Company
We lead in the creation and delivery of innovative workforce solutions and services that enable our clients to win in the changing world of work.
ManpowerGroup powers the success of many of the world's most dynamic organizations. We deliver innovative workforce solutions that enhance competitiveness, increase efficiency and spur productivity. Combining global reach with local expertise - 3600 offices in over 80 countries - we know the changing world of work and bring a deep understanding of the companies we work for and the industries we service.
ManpowerGroup entered the Middle East in December 2007 after acquiring local company Clarendon Parker, thus bringing 15 years in-depth local knowledge combined with a global footprint and industry shaping expertise and thought leadership. Manpower Middle East supports clients in the Middle East and North Africa regions. Our business is aligned to key skill specializations to ensure our clients requirements are met by expert and knowledgeable consultants that understand your industry and role requirement.
Our consultants are experts in finding the right talent across all industries in a broad-range of occupations including:
- IT & Telecommunications
- Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas
- Banking, Finance & Legal
- Sales & Business Development
- Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
- Human Resources & Training
- Customer & Support Services (Secretarial and Administrative)
- Operational, Supply Chain & Logistics
- Executive Recruitment
- Emiratization Solutions
- Recruitment Program Outsourcing Solutions
- Managed Service Provider Solutions
- Talent Based Outsourcing Solutions
- Outsourced Staffing Solutions
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies