Job description / Role
• Responsible for the IT technology strategy and vision.
• Ensure the IT application landscape is being architected with the relevant and most appropriate underlying technology to create a stable and highly performance IT landscape.
• Will work with the team to ensure suitable application modernization programs are adopted.
• Will evaluate emerging technologies and ensuring adoption in line the IT Architecture blueprint and strategy.
• Candidate will be expected to contribute to the architecture strategy and e2e solution architectures.
The Suitable candidate for this role will have the below:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computing/engineering/science/ IT related.
• 10 Years of IT applications experience
• Demonstrable experience creating highly performing , stable and scalable integrated IT applications
• Good understanding of Telecommunications technology life cycle, large scale technology implementation and transformation projects/areas
• Experience in BSS, OSS, ESS application stack.
• Code development experience such as Java, Scala, Python, Spring, Angular, HTML5, CSS3, relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL. NoSql databases
• Applications Architecture including Big Data, Digital Transformation, application modernisation
• Disruptive/emerging technology experience:
• Artificial intelligence, IoT, Blockchain, Robotic Process Automation, Drones, Digitalization Autonomous vehicles, 5G, Cloud, BIG data
• Experience in Big Data [Hadoop, cloudera], Data Analytics. Experience with Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Pig, Hive, real-time data streaming and event monitoring
• Experience in Cloud Computing & technologies experience in either AWS, GCP, Azure or AliBaba
• Experience with agile delivery, DevOps and micro-services
• Knowledge of BSS, OSS applications is highly desirable
About the Company
du is the new telecommunication services provider in the UAE. We are an integrated service provider offering voice, data, video and content services over fixed and mobile networks to residential and business customers.
du has three broad target segments:
Consumers: Focusing on individuals and households by offering mobile and fixed voice calling, Internet, data services and television. Businesses: Focusing on small to very large corporations and government agencies by offering integrated fixed and mobile business solutions including voice, data, content and applications as well as professional services.
Carriers: Focusing on providing carrier, international data networks and wholesale services to international operators, multinational corporations and telecom carriers.
The needs of our customers are our primary focus. Our aim is to provide new and innovative services that deliver a better customer experience.