Job description / Role
To manage the daily operations to ensure the smooth running of the trading environment, and that all relevant surveillance activities are undertaken in accordance with relevant By-Laws, policies and procedures. Ensure that Analysts are undertaking the day-to-day operational tasks correctly, that escalation is occurring where required, and that a high degree of accuracy is maintained by the team. Identify areas for improvement, both technical and in the By-Laws, policies and procedures, and propose changes to increase the overall level of service provided to market participants.
Key Area of Responsibility
- Manage Analysts to ensure all tasks defined in daily process schedule are undertaken correctly, and that issues are properly escalated and dealt with on a timely basis.
- Escalate issues as appropriate to senior management/IT.
- Ensure all alerts generated on a daily basis are investigated and followed-up.
- Undertake random sample checking to ensure that alerts closed have followed the relevant procedures.
- Refer to Compliance those alerts that are prima facie breaches of relevant By-Laws.
- Respond to member queries and provide management information on number and type of member calls, as required.
- Escalate issues to senior management/IT as appropriate.
- Participate in projects relating to Trading & Surveillance, acting as Project Manager where appropriate.
- This will include drafting business requirements, test cases, overall project plan, undertake internal testing and participate in external testing.
- Review existing policies and procedures on (at least) annual basis to ensure they remain fit for purpose, identifying areas for improvement.
- Graduate in Finance/Economics (CA, CPA, CFA, MBA, MA (Econ)
- At least 8 years of experience preferably in an exchange environment
- Knowledge and exposure in multi asset trading environment, and awareness of regulatory environment.
- Strong computer skills, including presentations, good written skills.
- Integrity, ability to work well under pressure to deadlines, managing staff.
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
- Communication & Influence
About the Company
Dubai has historically been an international hub for the physical trade of not only gold, but also many other commodities and so the establishment of the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (DGCX) was the next logical step for the region and the local economy. DGCX commenced trading in November 2005 as the regions first commodity derivatives exchange and has become today, the leading derivatives exchange in the Middle East.
DGCX is a subsidiary of Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC), a strategic initiative of the Government of Dubai, with a mandate to enhance commodity trade flows through the Emirate by providing the appropriate physical, market, financial infrastructure and services required. The Management team of DGCX comprises senior personnel from the commodities, securities and financial services industries bringing a wealth of experience and expertise to ensure the success of DGCX.