Job description / Role
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You'll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
• Outstanding value to markets and clients
• Commitment to each other
• Strength from cultural diversity
During your tenure as an Manager in Transfer Pricing, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
• Applies knowledge of current tax and proposed/pending legislation, their implications, and understands interaction across the Global Tax and Legal function, specifically with their area of expertise
• Develops a network of internal and external contacts within the organization to facilitate sharing/retrieving of information; encourages others to make organizational knowledge more productive
• Guides team in applying service line-specific, Global Tax and Legal, and firmwide agreed standard methodologies, policies, procedures, and tools
• Defines the scope of research activities; ensuring data and documents from client/competent authority/regulators is comprehensive and supports the research focus
• Analyzes and reviews data and uses team’s analysis to spot inconsistencies, discrepancies, and omissions in data
• Improves work efficiency, effectiveness, and client service by using common technology tools
• Uses advanced software application functions and tools to produce and review high quality deliverables in a timely manner and guides others to do so
• Demonstrates and applies technical knowledge of current transfer pricing and related rules, proposed rules, their implications, and understands the interaction between Transfer Pricing and other Global Business Tax functions
• Leverages analytical and communications skills to assess risk and review functional and risk profile
• Employs techniques that promote sound quantitative analysis and uses data to inform decision-making that is in best interest of the company/client
• Identifies and applies appropriate transfer pricing methods to price transactions
• Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
• Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
• Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
• 6+ years of general tax experience, preferably with at least five years focused on international, regional and national taxation.
• Experience with a Big 4 firm, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company is required.
• In-depth, first-hand experience of a wide range of industries
• Extensive consulting and compliance experience.
• Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills.
• In-depth knowledge of tax and business laws and regulations.
• Excellent project management and presentation skills required.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Fluent in English (Reading, Speaking and Writing). Preference will be given to Bilingual candidates (Arabic/English)
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity