Job description / Role
Enhance resilience of company's balance sheet by continuously monitoring the financial risk management opportunities and timely hedging to preserve the company's financial strength against volatilities in oil, Interest rate and forex markets. Also, manage the Spot FX trading on a timely basis.
Support implementation of airline's long-term hedging strategy for oil, Interest rate and forex markets to ensure that the Group is well positioned to address the value at risk (VaR).
Provide an insight into the hedging strategy including the mix of hedging tenor and derivative products being used.
- Provide strategic recommendations on hedging strategy including quantifying the exposure, identifying correct underlying risk / proxy to hedge, the suitable derivative structures to use and the tenor of hedge such that the hedging volumes remain within approved limits and the company is not exposed to under or over hedging.
- Track the dynamic developments in financial markets to ensure that informed decisions are taken with a thorough research.
- Present the hedging proposals and market overview with commercial acumen to take timely decisions.
- Manage Spot market sale of FX surpluses such that the company receives best value for its FX using reverse auction procedure such as 360T.
- Analyse the hedged portfolio performance regularly for a prudent risk management to deliver optimum outcome and manage execution costs and risks.
- Implement, maintain and refine the trading processes and systems (TMS, Bloomberg, 360T etc.) to ensure the trading discipline required of the company's scale to ensure strong governance.
- Represent Group Treasury at hedging counterparts, various committees/ projects and conferences.
- Support the budgeting and planning exercise for the Group collaborating with FP&A on budget, re-forecasting as well as five-year business plans.
- Manage group reporting requirements including ADQ reporting as well as year-end financial audits.
- Support Head of Corporate Finance in periodic update of Hedging Policy.
- Develop and maintain excellent business relationship with Etihad (FP&A, Financial Reporting, Corporate Strategy) & external stakeholders.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a leading undergraduate institution in the field of finance. Formal certification from the ACT, CFA, FRM or an MBA in Finance is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience, at least 3 years in a financial risk management role, within risk management functions, banking, or the Treasury function of a large corporate.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, Excel, PowerPoint/BI, TMS and Bloomberg
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world's leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad's codeshare partners, Etihad's network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world's leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
COVID-19 UPDATE: The health and safety of our communities-including our employees and our candidates remains our top priority. From a recruiting perspective we are continuing to identify people for roles with Etihad in anticipation we will be able to hire, however the process may take longer because we are using more virtual recruiting techniques, and start dates may be delayed because of guidance from the governments in the countries we operate in. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility, Stay safe and healthy.
About the Company
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
With Etihad, everyone who flies with us is welcomed as our guest.
This simple credo illuminates everything we do, from big things like making sure that our fleet is one of the most advanced in the sky, to small touches like letting you choose the films you watch.
Were proud to be the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. At the crossroads between Europe and Asia, our home reflects our commitment to bringing the world closer together - as does our highly cosmopolitan staff.