Job description / Role
The Manager – Finance Operations & Reporting will be responsible for managing the Company’s accounts (excluding Receivables Management), monthly, quarterly and annual closing and reporting to the Group as well as assist in the preparation of the Company’s annual Budgets & Business plans.
A team of Finance Executives will be under the supervision of the Manager – Financial Operations & Reporting.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
• Accounting & Operational Controls
• Ensure timely & accurate accounting of all financial transactions.
• Ensure strict compliance with the Group’s governance, policies and procedures for approvals
• Responsible for review of all purchase requisitions for budgetary compliance and management approvals.
• Ensure timely payments to suppliers, review of open POs/Pre-payments and monthly accrual of costs, as required.
• Ensure all VAT obligations are properly recorded and responsible for filing of accurate Tax returns.
• Ensure timely & complete reconciliation of all Cash & Bank Accounts
• Review the Company’s Barter arrangements and ensure the balances are properly tracked and utilized.
• Ensure timely recognition of Fixed Assets (FA) and periodic tracking of FA inventory.
• Responsible for timely closure of the monthly, quarterly and annual accounts for Management and Shareholders’ reporting purposes
• Maintain complete Integrity of all GL & Sub-ledger accounts, as required.
• Review & ensure all TB Schedules are properly maintained & Reconciled
• Develop, monitor and update all finance Policies, Procedures & Processes related documentation.
• Ensure effective and efficient processes as well as proper internal controls are in place for all the processes that affect the finance function and financial reporting.
• Ensure Internal Audit points/issues are addressed on a timely basis.
Financial Review & Reporting
• Ensure the month-end closing checklist including all relevant tasks/reconciliations/schedules/reports is reviewed and signed-off on a timely basis.
• Ensure full review of the month-end financial results and budgetary variances for MIS submission.
• Submit Business KPI reports as per requirement
• Submit Cash-flow Forecast reports as per requirement.
• Review & submit a report on the Barter balances position with emphasis on long pending/risky balances.
• Ensure timely submission of necessary reports as per contractual obligations with Business partners.
• Maintain a Risk and Opportunity register for monthly reporting.
• Manage all reporting requirements for both Internal & External Audits.
Annual Budgets & Business Plans
• Assist in planning & preparation of annual budgets (5 year plans)
• Assist in planning & preparation of Business plans for new projects & initiatives.
Key Performance Indicators
• Completeness, accuracy, consistency & timely maintenance of accounting & financial records.
• Improvement of all financial policies, processes & internal controls.
• Meet all reporting & operational deadlines.
• Minimize internal audit points and prompt resolution.
• Business partner and customer focused
• Proactive and forward thinking – able to challenge and question the status quo
• Strong supervisory & people management Skills
• Strong analytical & problem-solving abilities
• Excellent attention to detail and project management skills
• Highly professional and excellent communicator at all level of the organization, both verbal & written
• Results driven & ability to meet deadlines
• High degree of autonomy and integrity
Knowledge/ Education/ Qualifications / Experience
• Degree in accounting and/or finance
• CA, CPA or equivalent qualification would be an advantage
• 3+ years’ experience in managing & supervising financial operations for a medium to large size organization, preferably in the Media, Entertainment or Telco Sector.
• Big 4 Audit firm experience a plus.
• Experience in VAT implementation/management
• Strong and up to date knowledge of IFRS and reporting standards
• Strong systems exposure and ERP system knowledge preferably Oracle financials.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
About the Company
One of the region’s leading Media & Entertainment companies.
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Big Fish Recruitment
A Leading Investment Management Company in UAE
Finance and Administration Manager