Job description / Role
The Marina In-charge is responsible for the smooth and safe day-to-day running of all marina functions with particular emphasis on the operations. He is often the first and/or main point of contact for the customer and is thus an in important position to influence sales and customer satisfaction. Also identifies maintenance programs and ensuring all inventories and schedules are accurately recorded. He has a proactive role to engage with marina members in all forms of communication, direct regular and ad hoc operational duties as required while ensuring that the marina sets the standard in marine hospitality.
• Efficiently managing all operation staff, organizing shifts, allocating task and supervising work and security.
• Ensures that all routines, systems and checklists are properly maintained and/or executed.
• Able to comply with the Health and Safety Policy and with good working practice while ensuring that the company guidelines are being followed and seeing that others do the same.
• Maximizing marina occupancy and revenue through effective allocation of berths and storage areas.
• Issuing application forms, berthing contracts, bank standing orders etc. and generally administering berth records and documentation.
• Ensures marina cleanliness and is hygienic clean.
• Ensures that the pontoons, quays, equipment and outdoor facilities are clean, safe and well maintained.
• Ensures that marina reception and other customer contact points are properly listed and that customer’s inquiries and needs are met all times and attended promptly, politely and comprehensively.
• Complying with company regulations regarding dress code and well-mannered behavior and offering a personable service to customer in order to enhance the reputation of the marina.
• Complying with company guidelines & procedures and with such other instructions or duties as may reasonably assigned.
• Familiarization with the duties of the Marina Manager, if required, can act as the Manager alternate.
• Not engaging into any contract, agreement or commitment on behalf of the company, unless he has prior permission to do so.
• Can undertake other duties as may be reasonably required for the smooth running of the marina and when necessary to stand-in for other members of staff (whether senior or junior) to the best of his ability.
• Can perform other strenuous tasks in which he must be physical fit and must have good eyesight (spectacle/contact lenses are acceptable).
• Tasks involves lifting, pulling and pushing and embarking / disembarking from boats, pontoons, quays and jetties.
• Some jobs will take place outdoors and in all weather conditions, including on occasions during bad weather that may cause additional hazards.
• Performs other tasks assigned by the Marina Manager or Department Head.
• A good secondary education with training, qualification, certificate and experience of relevant trade. Marina Operations Experience and preferably an accredited marina management qualification.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a similar position in a renowned marina service operator.
• Experience working with high-profile individuals and varying nationalities.
• Experience in Middle East environmental condition is an advantage.
• Willingness to fast- track maritime learning.
Skill Sets Required:
• Familiarity with general office equipment, cash handling, cheque / credit card procedures and end of day sales desk routines.
• Knowledge of marina environment, maintenance, berth arrangement and vessel handling, preferably with certificate of competency.
• Sufficient computer literacy to operate PC-based Marina Management System.
• A broad and thorough “hands-on” knowledge of small craft and marina operations, boat lifting, boat handling and towing, plant and equipment maintenance.
• Competence in man-management.
• A positive attitude and the personality to relate well and communicate fluently with customers to satisfy their demands and reassure their concerns whilst successfully employing appropriate salesmanship skills.
• The ability to offer a personable service when in contact with customers and to enhance the reputation of the marina.
• Numeracy and good standards of presentation and accuracy in written work and record keeping.
• Proven skills in boat handling, VHF radio, first aid, firefighting and boat hoist and crane operation.
• Proficient swimmer.
• Full driving license.
• Foreign language skills are considered by the company to be an advantage.
• Excellent English communication skills and English writing skills.
• Able to work accurately with minimum supervision and can produce results on time.
About the Company
RAK Properties is one of the leading property development and tourism infrastructure firms in the UAE.
With proven excellence in a wide range of projects including mixed-use community developments, strategically placed retail shops, health spas and hotels, RAK Properties Public Joint Stock Company (PJSC) plays a central role in shaping the lifestyle of residents of the United Arab Emirates.
Founded in 2005 from the vision of His Highness Sheikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah, RAK Properties delivers high-quality and professionally managed projects that provides its customers with the highest level of service, while maximizing the value of their investments.
RAK Properties has sound capital of AED 2 Billion. The Initial Public Offering (IPO) of RAK Properties in early 2005 was over subscribed by almost 57 times. In its mission to lead the development of real estate and tourism infrastructure in Ras Al Khaimah. RAK Properties aims to attract foreign investors of repute to launch state of the art projects, including luxurious hotels, resorts and malls. In doing so, RAK Properties serves as a catalyst for a dynamic property market in both Ras Al Khaimah and the wider United Arab Emirates.