Job description / Role
• Preferred seagoing experience on oil & chemical tankers and minimum 3 years shore experience in tanker management with wide knowledge and experience of maintaining a range of machinery types and systems.
• An in-depth understanding of structural steel and piping maintenance and repairs and relevant Class rules.
• To be fully aware of ISM/ISPS/MLC/Flag Audits/Vetting Inspections and classification survey requirements and comfortable in relating to flag/class/PSC surveyors/inspectors. Must have a good appreciation of the commercial needs of the tanker business and an ability to manage vessels within strict budgets.
• Have a pro-active approach to the monitoring of crew and ships performance, safety management, planning and attendance to all kind of deck/machinery repairs.
• Candidates must be ex Chief Engineers, experienced in oil/chemical tankers, with good knowledge of English language and office experience 3-5 years in an Oil Tanker Management Company.
• Candidates must be 35 - 45 years old.
• Very good knowledge of integrated management systems (ISM, ISPS, ISO, etc.) and Ship Energy Efficiency Management.
• Experience with Pms Programs AMOS, Shipnet, etc.
• Drydocking experience and other repairs, refit.
• Carrying out SIRE/OCIMF Inspections, PSC, Class Surveys and Condition Surveys.
• Candidate must be ready to travel in Gulf Area and West Africa Region.
About the Company
A leading shipping company in Fujairah.