Job description / Role
• Plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed, Monitor and controls the construction and related works, maintain quality control and ensure that the works are carried out in accordance with the project specifications.
• Performs on-site management, supervision and coordination of all self-performed and contracted work.
• Ensures execution of field construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards.
• Controls project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources and contractors.
• Oversees the development of project schedules in collaboration with the site engineers and contractors.
• Ensures that daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained down to the Supervisor & foreman level.
• Reviews design scope and approach with regard to constructability and submits recommendations for change.
• Monitors productivity and cost and implements appropriate action to maintain maximum site productivity and cost-effectiveness.
• Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
• Maintaining clear, timely and appropriate day to day communication with contractor interfaces and line supervision.
• Assistance with detailed construction planning and monitoring of progress against agreed milestones.
• Update daily site progress and monitor the performance of subordinates and work distribution.
• Meets operational standards; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems;
• Manages sub-contractors by monitoring and controlling performance.
• Updates working knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
• Implements policies and procedures for effective and efficient functioning of the project team on site.
• Is responsible for the running of the project Marine construction team (mobilisation, execution, deliverables and project close out).
• Is responsible for the quality assurance of marine construction, Field checks
• Oversees the staffing of the project and advises the Project Manager regarding personnel requirements or improvements.
• Support, advise and facilitate the Site Project Team in Construction and operational matters.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Monitoring of marine construction activities and inspection of work to ensure compliance with best industry practice, relevant codes and specifications.
• Ensuring that marine construction activities are carried out safely with particular emphasis on implementation of the IIF (incident & Injury Free) and Just Culture and compliance with environmental and quarantine commitments.
• Maintaining a zero tolerance to at risk behaviour.
• Provide leadership and guidance towards all team members for collective goal.
• Promote and ensure compliance with Organization’s Health & Safety policies.
• Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering or an equivalent professional qualification or an equivalent professional experience.
• Certification / Membership: any additional certification in Marine Construction would be a plus.
Function specific experience:
• Using organizational skills to build successful teams for completion of project tasks
• Extensive experience working on large resource and marine infrastructure projects
• Regulations addressing Civil Marine Construction projects
• Supervising construction crews
• Addressing safety and other work site concerns and issues with laborers and foremen
• Demonstrate organizational and analytical skills
Industry related experience:
• Dredging - preferred
• Marine Construction
Years of experience:
• 8-10 years or relevant experience
• Microsoft Office is an asset
About the Company
By way of a brief introduction to National Marine Dredging Company, in 1976 as a dredging division of ADNOC a board decision was taken to form an autonomous dredging company reporting to its own Board of Directors. NMDC was founded and commenced trading in its own right on 1st January 1980.
We are a National Company owned 40% by the Government of Abu Dhabi and 60% by UAE Nationals and registered as a public company trading on the Abu Dhabi stock exchange with a registered paid up capital asset value of Dhs 169,000,000-00. Currently our business is conducted from our modern premises which include multi-discipline workshops, slip ways and a fully support administration and technical departments located in Mussafah, Abu Dhabi with subsidiary office in Zayed the Second St, Abu Dhabi.