Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Vessel Accountant - (Shipping/Maritime Experience Only) who will be responsible for carrying out financial & administration for vessel operations. This role will communicate and coordinate internally with Operations and Commercial departments, Vessel managers as well as externally with customers and suppliers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Day to day Maritime Office & Vessel Accounting for DMCC Company.
• Handling Local and Foreign Bank Accounts i.e. Payments, Bank Reconciliations, Establishing etc.
• Assist in Account Settlement, Auditing
• Issue invoices in accordance with terms and conditions of CoAs and Charter Parties & for time charter hire for vessels chartered out.
• Monitor collection and perform AR control for invoices issued and assist in Cash Management.
• Corresponding with Vessel Managers, Crewing Agents and Port Agents & worldwide suppliers.
• Verify & process supplier invoices to ensure matching PO’s with invoice and payment terms.
• Process port disbursements & FDA’s against supplier agreements and tariffs, actual events plus to reconciliation accounts & submissions by Port agents to ensure that all items are booked in proper accounts.
• Check Monthly Technical Expenses incurred by Technical Manager of the vessels including reconciling, querying and comparing actual to projected and budgeted expense.
• Verification of Vessel Cash Account & supply of cash to the vessel at various worldwide ports (CTM).
• Prepare tariff comparisons for each country to keep log of previous queries.
• Separate vessel owners cost and invoicing of same to vessel managers or TC owners.
• Perform periodic reconciliation and processing of equipment and consumables cost.
• Perform quarterly voyage reconciliations, including resolving open issues to ensure closing of voyages within the target time.
• Preparation of various MIS reports and other reports as required by the Management plus participate in regular meetings.
• Support Operations team and General Affairs.
• Develop and maintain document control processes for the efficient management.
• Assist with various reporting, documentation, trade budget preparation, and other tasks as required from time to time.
Skills & Qualifications
• Maritime Experience Essential - all applicants without experience will automatically be rejected
• Qualified Accountant with minimum 3 years’ experience working with Ship Agency / Owning / Maritime Company. Work experience in UAE is preferred.
• Thorough knowledge and experience of Maritime Accounting specifically Oil Tanker & LPG Carrier with Marine/Shipping/Oil & Gas Industry.
• Hands-on experience with ERP accounting software.
• Advanced MS Excel skills with aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
• Extremely organized with strong multi-tasking and management skills.
• Follow policies, procedures and work instructions.
About the Company
A leading maritime management company in the UAE
Dubai based Oil Shipping and Trading Company
A Leading Group In UAE
The Leading Pharmaceutical And Consumer Entity In The UAE
Styro Insulations Materials Ind. LLC
Addmind Hospitality Group