Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in over 50 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Careem is looking for a rock star Market Launcher for Early Stage Markets.
The Market launcher is responsible for launching the new markets that Careem wants to enter and fixing Careem's existing markets across supply, demand, quality and captain support.
The Market Launcher role at Careem is one of the most challenging and rewarding roles that an individual will come across. The Launcher is in the forefront of Careem's operations and expansion plans. The team basically creates something where previously there was nothing and turns around Careem's different markets.
Nothing is better than watching a city that you've launched (and the team you've launched it with) take off and grow. Or hearing from a partner that, due to his increased business, he's able to expand his fleet and hire additional captains (We call our drivers captains). Or getting a note from a friend that they've just had the BEST experience riding in Careem.
Before launching a city, the launcher does her/his research well in order to understand the transportation pain points, regulations and market opportunity. As a baseline, the launcher needs to understand how a city lives and breathes before he/she sets foot in a city.
The market launcher role is the biggest contributor to growth at the company.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITES (OUTPUTS, KPI'S)
Before stepping the city, the launcher must do;
- Approvals, legal clearance and research about a city where is launched
- Research and map out supply landscape
- Research demand and market sizing
- Pricing benchmarks
- Find your first customer and develop your market launch campaign strategy
Once in a city, the launcher must do simultaneously;
- Recruit, hire, and train a local team
- Develop partnerships and manage relationships with local hire car operators
- Create a marketing strategy to scale the client base and increase visibility
- Explore business development opportunities
- Kick off the city!
If you like travelling, the travel is intensive in this role. Launchers are on the road over 300 days per year. If you tend to get homesick after a few days or don't sleep well unless you're in your own bed, this is not the right position for you. In addition to that, our Market Launching team is deeply devoted to the cause and we are passionate about what we do and Careem.
- You don't fold under pressure; in fact you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem-solver; you have an analytical mind and can navigate obstacles on the fly in a thoughtful and logical way.
- Detail oriented; your Google calendar can be crammed, but it's organized, totally manageable and you don't miss a beat.
- A confident communicator at all levels; you can easily identify and network with the influencers of a city.
- Fired up about Careem; you are ready to live, eat and breathe Careem, spreading the love to everyone you encounter
- Travel lover; you are ready to live out of your suitcases, the most important possession is your Passport.
- A person of high integrity; you will be running the show on a launch and we need trust that you've got the best interests of the company in mind. You'll have a lot of responsibility, so you've got to step up to the plate.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.