Job description / Role
Work Area: Marketing
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Limited Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Expo 2020 is one of the most unusual and public facing programmes SAP has ever undertaken. Therefore, successful candidates will demonstrate high degree of flexibility, diplomacy, go-getting and can-do attitude, organizational skills, and project planning expertise in a fast-paced environment in a small enterprising SAP Expo 2020 team.
The team functions with a high degree to professionalism, flexibility, trust and accountability developing SAP's programmme, interfacing with SAP colleagues, partners, customers and officials. The SAP Expo 2020 represents SAP global brand at all times. Marketing and Social Media Project Manager is an extension of the brand and act as leader in their own positions, while reporting to the SAP Expo Program Director and PMO.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
The programme manager owns their project stream(s) and should be the person with the highest level of commitment and motivation to see it through from start to finish.
- Formulate and implement a project strategy on how objectives can be met efficiently in the right sequence, by a group of people with unique skills within project constraints (time, budget, quality, etc.). Identify problems and issues to be addressed and propose corrective actions; liaise with relevant parties; identify and track follow-up actions.
- Proficiency and previous experience with commonly used technology tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Ability to apply frameworks and methodologies throughout the project lifecycle.
- Relationship Management - Coordinate with managers, clients and team members to set expectations, deliverables, and objectives.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
Social Media and Marketing
- Align with SAP Global Social Media / Communications team on strategy plan and execution
- Responsible for creating and administering content on all social media platforms to build an audience and ensure customer engagement. Monitor metrics, engage with comments, oversee creative design.
- Strategize, plan and implement marketing and communication strategy in print and online
- Cultivate a strong brand identity with social media channels, interacting with customers and responding to trending stories while maintaining a consistent voice
- Align with SAP Global Marketing team on strategy plan and execution
- Analyses surveys, polls, and other market research to look for patterns and trends
- Delivers reports on research findings through written documents and verbal presentations
- Oversight of all marketing content such as promotional materials, including brochures, blogs, marketing copy, etc.
- A minimum of three to five years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management at international level or in multinational or entrepreneurial capacity is required. Marketing and Social Media experience and expertise is a must.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Advanced degree combines with work experience. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience acceptable in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- End-to-end management and professional delivery of the assigned project workstreams
- Social Media & Marketing strategy and execution on different channels with metric traction
- Strategy and execution on different channels with metrics traction, engagement, etc.
- Professionalism: Knowledge and understanding of environmental and sustainable development issues, multilateral environmental governance and global MEAs
- Familiarity with SAP Strategy, Dubai Expo 2020 Framework, SAP's Expo priorities; Ability to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Ability to assist with data collection using various methods.
- Research, Analysis: Conceptual analytical and evaluative skills to familiarize with partners and different entities' business.
- Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors' language, tone, style, to match the audience; demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve team goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Can-do attitude is non-negotiable!
Working Conditions: Event program managers work office hours 0900-1800, for the duration of Expo2020 (01 Oct 2021-31 Mar 2022) evening work may be needed as events can be held at night and on weekends.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.
Middle East Executive
Brand Communication Manager
RTC-1 Employment Services
Social Media Coordinator
Marketing Manager - Multinational FMCG
Right Calibre Executive Search