Job description / Role
The Communications Specialist is responsible for leading and supporting the implementation of the UAEU Science & Innovation Park's (SIP's) rebrand and communication mandate in line with the strategic objectives of UAEU-SIP and UAEU. s/he will be responsible also for all aspects of marketing and communications for customer/partner acquisition, engagement and retention, as well as brand building. s/he will be also developing and implementing the internal and external communications of a mega project which is the UAEU Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai. s/he will work directly with UAEU SIP and Expo Pavilion senior leadership.The desired candidate should be a creative thinker, a team player, flexible, task oriented and have the ability to multi-task and must be able to create engaging and persuasive communications across all channels.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Oversee the UAEU SIP's rebrand exercise and assist in the execution of the newly proposed communications strategy
- Drive the integrated marketing and communications plan across UAEU SIP's programmes, working with the various programme heads to plan, develop and execute demand generation activities to meet business goalsoLiaise with University related departments and other internal stakeholders to generate related approval, feedback and inputs when needed
- Lead the planning and production of content across owned and paid media to drive traffic, engagement, leads - this includes social media, website, email, search
- Support the development, promotion and organisation of UAEU SIP seminars and events
- Provide creative, editorial and operational support for communications projects, including annual reports and briefing notes
- Manage external communications with stakeholders and media communications with press to maintain good public relations and corporate image
- Plan and execute events with focus on strategic customer engagement and partnerships, brand awareness and pipeline contribution
- Maintain public image of UAEU SIP by ensuring good community interactions
- Track, monitor and report on marketing metrics
- General admin duties as required and any other related tasks
University of the future pavilion at Expo 2020
- Prepare and execute a communications strategy for the UAEU Pavilion at Expo 2020 and the planned programs before and during and post the event
- Prepare and manage the marketing budget for the UAEU Pavilion at Expo 2020oOversee the branding and marketing collateral for the event
- Liaise with partners to enhance communication efforts
- Lead and manage the World Market Initiative
- Develop content for offline and online channels and manage the website development
- Manage the campaign schedule, monitoring activity, and delivering campaign reports for senior management
- Conceive, create and execute innovative traditional, digital and social media marketing campaigns to increase awareness and engagement
- Create and execute innovative events to engage the UAEU and wider community in UAEU's involvement at Expo 2020oWork closely with agencies, copywriters, printers, and internal and external designers to implement campaigns, materials and activities
- Source merchandise items to be sold at the event
- Liaise with UAEU stakeholders with regards to the UAEU Pavilion
- Liaise with external stakeholders with regards to the UAEU Pavilion, including Expo 2020 team, media, and external partners
- Work with the university/colleges champions to promote our participation at Expo and to engage the internal and external community before and during Expo
- Assist the lead in the tasks related to the volunteers and recruit and guide interns to support where needed.
- Assist the Partnerships and Communications Manager and Pavilion Executive Director
- Facilitate implementation of the impact assessment strategy and reporting
- Liaise with the Operations Manager, Exhibition Director, Finance Officer and Administrative Assistant
- A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing/Communications or a related field.
- Proficient in the English language. Arabic is desirable.
- Experience with both the strategy and execution of marketing campaigns.
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to take smart risks and innovate on marketing tactics.
- An entrepreneurial spirit; a self-starter who is collaborative, hands-on and thrives in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment.
- Experience in digital marketing and managing social media channels is essential.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience, ideally with a combination of marketing and/or communications, event planning and management, business development.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Marketing and Communications Executive
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Marketing Executive - Education
Excelsior Group ME
Digital Marketing Manager
Right Calibre Executive Search