Job description / Role
The Director, Marketing Communications will develop the marketing communications strategy for all sectors of the company in the Middle East & Africa region, working in close collaboration with the win work teams (BD, Marketing, Operations) in each sector to develop approaches and tangible outcomes that help grow the business. In addition, this role will extend its expertise and support to the business in Asia Pacific, supporting members in the communications team in Singapore and Australia.
- Partner with the regional leadership, as well as marketing and business development functions in each sector to define, develop and deliver their marketing communication strategies and requirement, leveraging both the ME&A regional as well as the sector-specific positioning and messaging.
- Develop and execute strategies to raise brand awareness and support win work strategies with clients
- Deliver enhanced tradeshow and conference participation
- Support development of marketing and promotional materials for tradeshows, conferences and other client meetings.
- Develop improved marketing tools to position the company's combined capabilities and those of each sector
- Manage external vendors and agency partners as needed
- Work across all sectors to raise awareness and understanding of each sector's capabilities and differentiators, as well as the company's overall client-facing positioning
- Actively collaborate and nurture relationships with counterparts in each global sector as well as the corporate external communications team to keep them updated on regional activities, seek necessary approvals if and when required, and align on client and win work strategies
- Within a one-company approach, leverage each of the company's brands according to business requirements and brand guidelines, and act as a brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards and consistency in all marketing communication applications
- Anticipate trends in field of expertise and make recommendations to further the company's marketing communication practices, and share knowledge and learnings across the team globally
- Establish KPIs and measure progress
- Comply with all of the company's policies and procedures
- Support the Vice President, Communications, with any programs or initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or higher in marketing, communications, business management or related field, or STEM
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in marketing or communications, in an agency or in-house
- Experience supporting a leadership team
- Experience in a complex organization is an asset
- Experience in the Middle East region is a key asset
- B2B or B2C marketing communications
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
- Fluent in Arabic, both written and oral. Spoken and written Arabic is a very strong asset to have for this position.
- General experience in the Engineering & Construction industry, Advisory & Consulting, Mining & Metallurgy, Oil & Gas, Infrastructure and Power is an asset.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions - including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance - to clients across oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, clean power, nuclear and EDPM (engineering design and project management). On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, which has been integrated into our sectors.
SNC-Lavalin maintains exceptionally high standards for health and safety, ethics and compliance and environmental protection, and is committed to delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule to the complete satisfaction of its clients.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).