Job description / Role
The Communications Officer is responsible for developing and delivering communications and marketing strategies and activities for RAK Academy. This includes project managing the production of publications and collateral; copywriting and editing; and supporting the delivery and integration of social media and online activity.
• Edit, manage and deliver eNews bulletins, Newsletters, promotional materials, information updates for events and activities and online surveys and forms as required
• Manage, maintain and produce content for the website
• Review market and industry research and present innovative ideas to help drive growth in website traffic and increase user engagement and interaction
• Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with senior managers
• Ensure all initiatives and changes are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
• Develop innovative platforms to communicate with staff internally across the Academy
• Draft messages or scripts from management for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
• Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different schools
• Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect general perception and reputation
• Ensure that all documents on digital platforms are correct and up to date
• Manage, edit and produce content for the Academy’s social media platforms that builds community engagement and reflects key messages and core philosophy
• Develop programme management schedule to ensure content is current and reflect the Academy’s strategic directions
• Develop and post engaging content, moderate and respond to community engagement
• Work closely with internal functions such as HR, Admission and IT and to promote for different activities that encourage employees’ engagement and increase awareness.
• Prepare and forward media releases to media outlets
• Prepare advertising material as required
• Experience in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field
• Demonstrated previous experience working within a customer service or community engagement-based position in an education environment.
• Demonstrated experience with content management systems in the delivery and maintenance of websites and e-Newsletters
• Expert knowledge of social networking channels and demonstrated experience in administering social media platforms is essential
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills including an eye for detail and proof-reading skills
• Ability to work as member of a high performing team as well as independently and possess a high level of organisational skills, initiative, innovation and professionalism in the workplace
• Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in both English and Arabic Languages
• Must bring creativity, a sense of adventure and enjoy a challenge
About the Company
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.