Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
Welcome to a world of exploration!
For 190 years, Guerlain has explored, innovated and perfected in Fragrances, Skincare and Makeup. Our teams are inspired by creativity, bold initiative and a culture of "why not?". We are "Explorers by Nature" who preserve, develop and transmit our unique heritage. We boast a rich diversity of talented and committed people who show that luxury and sustainable development are compatible.
We do this "In the Name of Beauty" of our customers, our products and our planet.
- Identify, Develop and Evaluate the business plan of the Marketing Department in line with the strategic objectives of the Maison and based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and mark-up factors
- Formulate and communicate the Marketing Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Manage a team of 7, oversee the operations of the Marketing Department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor and manage the yearly budget of the Marketing Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers
- Participate with Brand/ Product Managers in setting up the yearly plan suitable for the market and as per the brands guidelines
- Participate with the General Manager / Commercial Director in strategic meeting with suppliers and retailers to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity...)
- Monitor the market trends, identify new target markets and determine potential positioning
- Maintain smooth relationship with the suppliers, retailers and business partners
- Record, monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities and provides suggested quantitative and qualitative reports, and action plans
- Assist the General Manager in defining the yearly strategic plan for the network and in preparing the yearly budgets and forecasted sales
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
- Oversee the in-store marketing animation plan/guidelines
- Conduct monthly reports on customer & sales analysis, shopper insights, traffic in store and store KPI's Monitors customer feedback
- Use marketing KPIS to set realistic but stretching targets for the team, brand and activities and suggest optimizations on actions and tools
- Supervise the planning, implementation, development and execution of successful PR strategies and campaigns, support the general marketing objectives of the Maison.
- Oversee special events such as sponsorship, public appearance, introducing new products, or other activities in order to gain public attention
- Supervise the performance of digital marketing campaigns, including analyzing marketing channel deployment, keyword selection, advertisement design and customer experience journey
- Supervise the implementation of new business strategies and new partner relationships to increase the reach of the Brand online
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 10 years' of relevant marketing experience
- In-depth market knowledge (distribution, retail, customers, competition, etc....)
- BA Degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English; Arabic and / or French a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Positive and 'can do' attitude
- Results-oriented (top and bottom lines)
- Demonstrate strategic vision and drive results
- Develop and engage teams
- Collaborative, adaptable and influential
- Strong leadership, team coaching and management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.