Job description / Role
Marketing Director - Middle East
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Marketing Director
What you'll do:
- The Marketing Director primary role is to provide leadership and drive strategy across the marketing function. This position will conceptualize, develop, and implement the marketing/brand strategy across the Middle East markets (local/domestic)
Brand & Consumer Focus
- Put the consumer at the centre of all marketing initiatives
- Be instrumental in driving a better understanding of our consumer (e.g. use data to unlock insights) and their journey and convert these into actions to unlock growth opportunities
- Drive decision making through data around brand and consumer activations
- Plan and ensure effective on- and offline execution of brand campaigns at a 360-degree level and in accordance with Puig guidelines ensuring maximum quality in brand exposure is achieved
- Keep providing feedback to global teams consistently on what is working well in the local market and what could be improved
- Work closely with the Retail & Commercial Director to plan executions which are effective and exceed the expectations of our Customers/Retail Partners
- Foster innovation and be 'disruptive' through bringing novelty in our approach to our brands, our customers and end consumers
- Drive the aim to position the Middle East among the most innovative and forward-thinking affiliates within Puig
Local strategy & budget
- Create a local marketing strategy relevant to the Middle East in line with the global brand guidelines
- Accountable for the regional A&P Budget ensuring we have investments in the right activities
Digital Marketing, Media and PR
- Ensure an integrated approach to the execution of digital initiatives across all touch points
- Monitor competitive data
- Drive an effective communications strategy (incl. PR, social/Influencers etc.)
Collaboration, Team & Stakeholder Management
- Lead the Puig Middle East Marketing team (3 direct reports)
- Influence stakeholders across multiple levels of the organisation
- Maintain solid relationships with global brand teams (Barcelona & Paris)
- Be a conduit and an effective advisor to the GM and Leadership team on trends and opportunities
- Lead the preparation of Marketing presentations for board meetings, business reviews, global brand teams visit
- Collaborate with Finance Manager on budget planning and reporting
- Measurement and evaluation of activities and investment
What you need to succeed in this role:
We see success in the role as having a strong knowledge of the luxury consumer, the competitive landscape of the luxury industry, and an in-depth understanding of the evolving media and digital landscape in order to drive the brand vision regionally and globally, constantly elevating our ability to acquire new customers, retaining existing customers and continuing to drive sales in the luxury/lifestyle category through consumable content.
More specifically, we would love to hear from you if you can say yes to the below....
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience ideally gained within a beauty/luxury environment with at least 2 years of experience in a Marketing Manager/Director position with a proven track record in developing brand strategies in challenging and complex environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Marketing or similar field
- Demonstrate maturity and strong commercial acumen
- Strong understanding of consumer insights
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Collaborative nature, ability to work with cross functional teams
- Possess cultural awareness
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, with a range and adaptability of style.
- Ability to think strategically vs. day to day operations
- Great at engaging and inspiring others
- People management skills
- High integrity/trustworthy
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Trans Skills LLC
Bites Delivery Services
Marketing And Communications Manager
Head of Marketing - BITES City Operations, Operations & Launch
Bites Delivery Services