Job description / Role
Marketing Manager, The City Hospital, Dubai
• Focus on identifying new business opportunities that fit the strategic direction of the Hospital, and maximizing the outcomes of those opportunities
• Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions and ensure that any directly relevant information is communicated to key stakeholders
• Develop and implement Public Relations Strategies to position the Hospital as the health care supplier of choice for the UAE and the region
• Develop and execute business plans
• Develop relationships with businesses and community groups to promote the Hospital and Hospital Services
• Develop and/or market new services of the Hospital
• Create and be accountable for all client proposals, contracts, and associated documentation
• Coordinate with the Corporate Marketing Team to monitor and analyze hospital media exposure.
• Oversee the development of marketing literature, both electronic and paper based
• Develop, draft and distribute media releases/advertisements that meet the marketing strategy of the Hospital and that comply with set policy guidelines
• Plan and execute events (public awareness campaigns, media and publicity campaigns, staff annual function and social responsibility projects) in coordination with the Marketing Department and the Hospital Directorate
• Ensure that budgets are prepared and managed in line with EHL standards and that cost reports are analyzed and variances clarified/reported on a monthly basis
• A Degree or Diploma in Marketing or equivalent qualification as a minimum requirement
• 5 years relevant experience
• Related managerial experience in a hospital or similar environment
• Proven ability to both lead and work within a marketing team, and to employ both non-traditional and traditional approaches toward problem solving
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent negotiation skills and persuasiveness whilst maintaining a professional approach
• Proven ability to use own initiative, and the ability to act decisively on own authority when required
• Proven ability to build and maintain industry networks
• Good computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email, Internet)
• Proficient in English (speak, read, write)
• Proficiency in Arabic (speak, read, write) is preferred
About the Company
Mediclinic Middle East is part of Mediclinic International, one of the top 10 listed private hospital groups in the world with 52 healthcare facilities in Southern Africa, 14 in Switzerland under the name Hirslanden AG and 10 in the UAE. Their headquarters are in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Previously EHL Management Services, the company became Mediclinic Middle East when its majority shareholder, Mediclinic International, acquired all remaining shares from its partners Varkey Group and General Electric in October 2012.
Mediclinic Middle East owns and operates some of the most respected healthcare facilities in the region. These include Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, Mediclinic City Hospital, Mediclinic Dubai Mall, Mediclinic Ibn Battuta, Mediclinic Meadows, Mediclinic Arabian Ranches, Mediclinic Mirdif, Mediclinic Al Qusais, Mediclinic Al Sufouh and Mediclinic Beach Road.