Job description / Role
Marketing & PR Intern
The new Intern for the PR & Marketing department will be responsible for assisting the daily tasks and projects of the Directors of PR and Marketing. The intern's activities and responsibilities will vary from press release writing, media monitoring, influencer management, media request handling, internal communication projects, PR & media event organization and administrative tasks, while maintaining the department's pressroom up to date.
Reporting to the Regional Director of PR & Communications and Regional Director of Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
PR & Communications tasks:
- Assist in the writing of press release & translation into (English / Arabic(++)/ French)
- Assist in the creation and distribution of the quarter commercial Newsletter Distribution to all employees of the region (+20k)
- Conduct media and influencer research for the department
- AccorLive content management for the region
- Influencer management: assist in creating itineraries, toolkits
- Media request handling: support with contacting hotels for information or hosting opportunities
Press Room updates:
- Collect all the press kits / hotel images
- Keep up to date with hotel openings latest fact sheets/ photo library
Perform administrative duties:
- Reception of quote / creation of LPOs
- Concur Management
- Responsible for follow-up/update suppliers
- Provide assistance to the PR team with the scheduling and organizing of events
- Responsible for RSP's email / tracking / follow-up for all media events
- Assist in maintaining the regional press room
- Monitoring of media coverage on events and press releases distributed
- Assist in the creation of PR Clippings report for news/events distributed
- Build and update media lists and databases
- Assist in implementing and rolling out the annual marketing strategy and calendar
- Assist in generating all restaurant related promotions, from information gathering, and photoshoot requirements.
- Assist in developing opportunities with lifestyle and brand partners from a local, regional and international perspective to elevate the brand's presence through events and activities
- Liaise with hotel based marketing team to support annual marketing calendars.
- Assist in managing creative and media buying agencies for ad hoc projects and planned campaigns.
- Update and regularly review all hotels' restaurant and spa listings in both print and electronic media.
- Assist in working with digital marketing to develop compelling consumer and media content.
- Manage administration activities for the marketing department
- Source various content from the hotels and resorts across IMEA region
- Organise webinars/meetings/events related to different brand campaigns and initiatives.
- Support Marketing team in preparing internal campaign toolkits and presentations
- Process all LPOs and invoices for various marketing campaigns and projects
- Manage production and print tasks with Accor suppliers
- Maintain Accor photo, video and logo library updated with recent marketing assets.
- Liaise with the hotels and brand team on approval process for new photography and videos as needed.
- Update and maintain all internal and external contact lists.
- Excellent verbal & writing and skills in English / Arabic & French is a plus.
- Knowledge in Photoshop is a plus
- Efficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Passionate about the hospitality industry and media relations
- Excellent understanding of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Enrolled/graduate from a BA or BSc in Marketing/Communication/journalism or related field
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.