Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI THE OBELISK
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 594 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 96 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
The Mason position is assigned to perform masonry jobs. This position would be responsible for the maintenance and repair of floors, walls and marbles including grouting. He will be responsible for the completion of other services or duties as requested by the Shift Supervisor.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs works following safe work practices and procedures
- To carry out all masonry work within the confines of the hotel on walls, floors or any other items as directed.
- To perform repairs to wall plaster and renderings.
- To perform repair work in interior and exterior building walls.
- To carry out erection work of new walls and demolition work of existing walls as directed by the supervisor.
- To carry out repairs on existing wall and floor tile work and to lay new tiles as instructed.
- Responds immediately to all work requests which concern Health and Safety
- Ensures environmentally friendly practices are followed when handling chemicals, paints, varnishes, strippers, and other finishing products
- Responds to guest requests promptly in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintains and repairs all civil works
- Ensures the optimum condition and appearance all civil and finishes by following the preventive maintenance program
- Evaluates and appropriately responds to equipment usage
- Completes all work orders with due diligence
- Daily Maintains the Civil log book highlighting problems and solutions; and activities
- Maintain equipment catalog and finishes/color directories
- Actively participates in the monthly departmental meeting by providing feedback and offering suggestions for improvement
- Completes tasks as assigned by Shift Supervisor
- Reports and documents potential safety hazards
- Participates as directed in the emergency response team
- Proficient in all manner of masonry refurbishment, and maintenance plus basic knowledge of one other building operations skill set.
- The ability to use all general repair tools, read shop drawings and specifications, make rough estimates of required materials.
- operations and able to translate them
- The ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- An energetic and dynamic personality
- High School graduate, related technical or trades certification
At least 5 years' experience as a civil technician, preferably in the hospitality Industry and/or in an engineering environment
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.