Job description / Role
We are looking for an experienced Mason Technician, who is responsible for repairs and daily routine operation required and continuous monitoring of hotel facilities; Blocks, wall, tiles, marbles, grouting, etc.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities. The sky is your limit
What you will be doing:
- Works closely with the Engineering Supervisor to carry out responsibilities assigned to him in accordance with established maintenance program and operation schedule.
- Responsible to undertake repair and alterations of the hotel as per approved plans.
- Under taking regular inspection and check-up various structures and fixtures of the hotel to identify and determine defective or damaged part per maintenance schedule.
- Submit reports of inspections to immediate supervisor for immediate action.
- Responsible for doing all work assigned in good, safe and speedy engineering methods.
- Responsible for reporting all findings of discrepancies observed and noted during work to immediate superior.
- Responsible for maintaining all assigned, borrowed tools equipments in spotless condition at all times.
- Responsible for order and cleanliness of working place assigned.
- When working in guest areas, particular attention must be paid to noise that may disturb the guests, cleanliness of uniform, grooming and always behave as a diligent, honest, polite.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in large organizations, Five star hotel experience, working experience in the same field.
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening and writing). Knowledgeable in hospitality industries.
- Practical application of basic working tools and equipment
- English, Local language an advantage
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules safety awareness information operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports, keep logs and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers, guests and staff members
Your team and working environment:
Located along Sheikh Zayed Road in Barsha Heights right next to Dubai Internet City Metro Station. The hotel is nestled in the key business and commercial district of Dubai Media City, Dubai Knowledge Park and Dubai Internet City. Mercure Dubai Hotel offers a unique hospitality experience for business & leisure travelers and well as for long stays at an affordable price. Close proximity to Mall of the Emirates, Palm Jumeirah and major tourist attractions.
An elegant hotel with 1015 suites and apartments spread over 41 floors. Each contemporary room features floor to ceiling windows that have exceptional views of the city & skyline. For meetings, trainings and social events the hotel offers an extensive range of multi-functional meeting and event spaces.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.