Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
The Materials Engineer will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction team with respect to all materials submittals, approvals, testing, sampling, etc. He will participate in the quality control of materials including all the laboratory and field testing, acceptance of used materials, checking and accepting all remedial and corrective measures.
* Review and approve (make recommendation for approval by the RE/SRE) of all submitted materials by the contractor.
* Ensure compliance of used materials with the project's specifications;
* Participate in construction quality control.
* Supervise, participate and direct sampling and testing of all materials according to the contract and the specifications.
* Analyze the test results in a timely manner and recommend action to the Senior Resident Engineer /Senior Materials Engineer.
* Maintain records of test results and all taken corrective actions.
* Track and review the site testing and certificates of compliance.
* Ensure very close and clear coordination of his team activities with the other construction supervision staff.
* Follow up and verify implementation of corrective actions.
* Coordinate the review and approval of specialty and other high profile materials with relevant stakeholders as directed by the SRE and Senior Materials Engineer
* Ensure inspection and checking of all delivered materials to site for conformance to the project requirements and approval, as directed by the Senior Materials Engineer/Resident Engineer/Senior Resident Engineer.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Developing, modifying, testing and evaluating materials
* Providing technical advice about the suitability of materials
* Diagnosing faults
* Advising, planning and organizing inspections, maintenance and repairs
* Overseeing operational quality control processes
* Liaising with suppliers, customers and manufacturing/development staff
* Supervising engineering and technical staff
* Undertaking relevant research
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* BSc Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
* Min of 10 postgraduate years of experience and a min. of 7 years of similar work experience on large infrastructure projects.
* Regional experience is preferred.
* Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline, or team of moderate size and complexity.
What's in it for you?
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.