Job description / Role
Material Planner should be able to ensure the appropriate supply of cost-efficient and high-quality materials required to maintain steady production and product delivery. Responsible to convert the sales orders to production orders in an effective manner.
• Receive all the sales orders from sales coordinators after the sales manager approval.
• Coordinate with operations, engineering, purchasing and quality to attain production goals.
• Select the suitable original block type for each order and determine the required quantity for each job according to sales order planned quantity.
• Resolve capacity issues by prioritized scheduling and suggestions.
• Update production tracking and reporting reports.
• Analyse changing material demand patterns.
• Plan material to attain company metrics like turns and customer fill rate.
• Interface with vendors and forecast material integrity.
• Oversee and improve vendor performance.
• Analyse SAP generated forecasts on reasonableness and accuracy.
• Introduce new product, engineering changes and customer conversions.
• Determine, research and correct material inventory discrepancy causes.
• Ensuring materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient.
• Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
• Coordinating with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments, etc.
• Tracking production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns and purchasing trends.
• Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products.
• Liaising with customers, suppliers, and distributors.
• Managing inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations.
• Preparing cost estimates and performance reports.
• Follow the company policies and responsibilities in implementing the plan which has been prepared and approved by direct manger and management.
• Degree in business, logistics, inventory management, or a related field preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in material planning, inventory management, purchasing, or a related position.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and material management systems.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
About the Company
STYRO is a leading integrated producer of Expanded polystyrene (EPS) offering solutions and services to customers in a variety of markets throughout the UAE and emerging markets.
STYRO Ltd. (STYRO Insulation Material Industries LLC) was established in the Millennium year 2000. For more than 15 years now, Styro has supported the market in different fields and services mainly Insulation, Construction, Decoration and Packaging. The manufactured product at our factory is Styro Expanded polystyrene foam, where others call it with different names like Styrofoam in USA, Thermocol in India and Pakistan, STYROPOR in Germany and some parts of Europe. As a factory based in UAE, we are also suppliers and dealers of other products like, Extruded polystyrene (XPS), Polyurethane / Polyisocynurate, Rockwool, Glass Wool and Geo-textile. Through the years, STYRO Ltd. became more than a Manufacturer of Expanded Polystyrene, but as a one stop full solution house servicing most sectors in GCC starting from UAE Cities like Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah and the northern Emirates reaching the neighboring cities like Muscat- Oman and Doha-Qatar, nevertheless our boundaries are unlimited in the Middle East.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Management Solutions International (MSI)
Procurement Operations Analyst
Factory Purchase - Stock Controller