Job description / Role
Ready to put your inspection skills to work with departments and teams that change the fabric of our community? Do you have a great attention to detail? Put your inspection expertise to work on complex projects. Parsons is now hiring an Inspector for our rapidly expanding team.
The Material Inspector will work under the supervision of Materials Engineer taking care of the sampling, testing and checking of the materials used in the project. Will assist the Materials Engineer in performing the necessary tests, checking the arrived materials to ensure compliance with the project’s requirements and specification and inspection of all used materials on site.
• Will supervise all the tests and sampling on site.
• Witness all the laboratory tests and in situ tests by contractor or third-party tester on the materials and prepare the samples for testing.
• Coordinate with the Work Inspector in charge of the work to confirm approval of the work for testing and discuss areas of concern.
• Perform sampling and testing in quick and efficient way to avoid undue delay to the Contractor’s operations.
• Perform regular checks of delivered materials to the site for conformance with the approved source or supplier.
• Get involved in quality control and quality assurance.
• Assists the Senior Work Inspector (Materials) and the Senior Materials Engineer in all activities related to review, approval, testing and acceptance of the used materials.
• Technical diploma in a related field with a minimum of six (6) years of experience in similar nature or civil engineering graduate with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience on roads and bridges projects.
• Must possess the ability to read working drawings, related specifications, inspection and test plans and method statements and be capable of enforcing such specifications and contract drawings.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Good written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project team.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Civil Inspector - Roads/Bridges
Site Engineer (Civil) - 6 Month Contract
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Structural Inspector - Bridges