Job description / Role
Roles and Responsibilities
* Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
1 Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
2 Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk.
* Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg Network, Transaction Banking etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required.
* Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio.
* Professionally represent Standard Chartered within region and internationally.
* Bring strategic thought to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie.
* Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
* Ensure all relevant processes are adhered to, across the geography, in compliance with all internal and external regulations, policies and procedures.
People and Talent
* Work closely with the Banking Heads AME and MENAP and the Global Head PSDO (joint responsibility on appointments, compensation and career management) and Country Management to:
* Develop strategic resourcing approach with Business and Country HR to ensure robust identification, selection of key critical hires and deployment of appropriate talents to deliver the strategy.
* Drive talent development and growth, with a commitment to diversity and inclusion principles in hiring approach and a special emphasis to develop local talent and increase gender diversity.
* Embed Operational Risk Management and reporting as an integral part of the business process
* Ensure that adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in place to comply with Group and
* Business policies, procedures, standards and codes
* Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees
* Ensure continuous readiness for both internal audits and regulatory reviews, and that action points are tracked to closure in a timely fashion.
* Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility
* Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
* Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business
* Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
* Ideally 10+ years experience in banking across Coverage and Products
* Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy
* Languages; English, Arabic and French (a plus)
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our core values and mantra - here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we'll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.