Job description / Role
Mechanical Design Engineer
Algorythma is a first-rate end-to-end technology company, that creates impactful products backed with experience from leading individuals, corporations and institutions across the globe. Algorythma is developing world-class sustainable technology initiatives and products that address the needs of individuals, institutions, corporations and government entities.We are a team of scientists, developers, artists, designers, writers, and innovative thinkers who have joined to transform creative ideas into turnkey solutions and applications.
At Algorythma, technology is at the heart of all that we do. From identifying issues that impact lives, to supporting experts in creating solutions, we focus on building products and teams that transform industries and the boundaries of business with technology.Ã‚
We are looking for a mechanical design engineer to help design various components related to aerial systems and robotics in general. You will work closely with various engineers and will be responsible for generating engineering designs in adherence with design practices and assembly operations.
Your responsibility will involve conceptual level design work that will later on mature into a full 3D model that is thoroughly validated through FEA analysis and fundamental calculations. You will also be responsible for progressing the design to manufacturing and conduct appropriate testing and integration in the process.
The candidate is expected to have a strong knowledge of: material selection, coatings, seals, bearings, tooling, mechanical assemblies, GD&T, and drafting standards. The candidate should also have hands-on experience, rapid prototyping mindset, with the ability to work well with a cross-functional team towards the development of these new systems. Additionally, the candidate should be familiar with 3D printing and practices involved with rapid prototyping.
- Design of complex aerodynamic systems, fixtures and components
- Initial layout, sizing, and optimization of systems
- Design of complex electromechanical assemblies
- Creation and maintenance of technical drawings and bill of materials
- Work with various teams to support manufacturing, integration, and testing
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Aerospace Engineering
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals including statics, dynamics, and structural mechanics
- 5+ years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer in an Aerospace (or similar) production environment, preferably in a fast paced R&D environment
- Ability to design complex systems to strict aerospace standards with proper materials selection, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Familiar with CAD software such as Solidworks, Autodesk Fusion, AutoCATIA, NX, Dassault Systemes,
- Familiar with drafting standards, including GD&TÃ‚
- Experience working with other engineers to improve DfM (Design for Manufacturability) while controlling cost and weight
- Familiar with and can operate various workshop tools, machines and equipment
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Proficiency with FEM
- Familiar with commercial FEA software such as Optistruct, Nastran, Abaqus, Ansys, etc.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of electronic and electromechanical technologies
- Composite part fabrication experience: prepreg layup, vacuum bagging, trimming, drilling, surface preparation, structural bonding
About the Company
Algorythma is a first-rate end-to-end technology service company, Algorythma creates impactful products backed with experience from leading corporations and institutions across the globe.
Our team is passionate, highly skilled and specialized when it comes to creating technologies that deliver turnkey solutions and lead corporations through elevating change on a large scale. It's worth mentioning that, the team is driven by the desire to build exceptional products. We are committed to building market leaders in industries we operate, and we continue to evolve our technology and business models to deliver value to our eco-system.
At Algorythma, technology is at the heart of all that we do. From identifying issues that impact lives, to supporting experts in creating solutions, we focus on building products and teams that transform industries and the boundaries of business with technology.