Job description / Role
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
1. Technical Delivery:
• Review reports and records.
• Manage non-conforming works, generating reports and corrective actions and coordinating responses.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for project design and construction.
• Experience in Pump selection, Control valve selection, designdesign, and selection of disinfection systems
• Design and selection of pipework, compressed air system, surge vessel.
• Experience in design process including Preliminary design, Detail design and Tendering
2. Collaboration and working as part of a team
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Work under the direction of the Technical Lead;
• Conduct field inspections under the supervision of the Technical Lead, and Client Engineer representative.
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
3. Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
4. Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with MWH Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the MWH Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Design for safety, i.e. Construction Design Management.
5. Other duties as requested from time to time by the Lead/ Supervisor Civil Engineer.
Career Level Expectations:
• Fully competent in all conventional aspects of subject matter or functional area
• Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standards
• Devises new solutions to problems encountered
• Independently performs most assignments with instruction
• Receives guidance for unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval for changes in standards
• Relevant college or university graduate or equivalent industry specific skills and experience
• Positions may be senior-level or lead for administrative or technical positions
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Quality Assurance Quality Control Engineer
A Leading Oil & Gas Company In UAE