This position is closed or expired.
See other Mechanical Engineer jobs in UAE
Mechanical Engineer - Dubai - Buro Happold
We are currently searching for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Dubai. Due to recent project wins along with the relocation of one of our team.
The individual must be able to demonstrate 4 years experience of working within an engineering consultancy. You must also be a holder ofa Bachelors Degree in Engineering (BEng) or Masters Degree in Engineering (MEng) and be a member of a recognised professional body (CIBSE, IMechE or ASHRAE). The individual must be prepared ot work towards becoming a chartered member of the above mentioned organisation.
Our Dubai Building Services (MEP) team is involved in a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects. Current and recent workload includes high-rise commercial and residential towers, cultural and civic buildings, high-spec' retail, education, pharmaceutical, transport hub's and mixed-use schemes, as well as high profile sport and leisure projects. The team has a truly global reach traditionally delivering projects across the Middle East.
To provide a design engineering services to the Group on projects, as directed by the Associate/Associate Director
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the following roles
• Undertake detailed engineering design.
• Prepare technical schedules.
• Plan and manage CAD documentation of design work.
• Work closely with and monitor performance of Technician (as appropriate).
• Under guidance of senior staff, represent Buro Happold at meetings with the client, other professionals and suppliers.
• Ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
• Ensure that appropriate service/design decisions are met.
• Ensure senior staff are kept informed of important and relevant service/design decisions and the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
• Coordinating his/her work with other members of the project team.
• Ensuring all relevant Buro Happold staff are informed of client matters.
• Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s and Buro Happold’s best interests and that Buro Happold policy is in keeping with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice etc.
• Actively work towards Chartered Engineering status.
• Mentor and assist Graduate Engineers.
The post holder must at all times carry out his/her duties with due regard to the Buro Happold Diversity Policy
• Significant post graduate experience in a design consultancy environment.
• Ideally previous experience of design in Middle Eastern or equivalent climates.
• Experience of highly serviced environments.
• A good understanding of architecture and a desire to contribute to the built environment.
• Experience of contributing to multiple projects and balancing workload requirements.
• Committed and talented mechanical designer with the desire to lead MEP projects.
• Career minded and looking for a new challenge, with the potential and ambition to progress within the firm.
• Working knowledge of a range of mechanical engineering software tools.
• Working knowledge of AutoCad software.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages.
• Working knowledge and understanding of British, European and ideally International standards.
• Good communication skills.
• Confident and proactive character.
• 4 years gained within an engineering consultancy
• Proven track record of project design through concept to detailed
• Ability to review and make small amendments on AutoCAD
• Fully conversant with Microsoft office
• Experience in general HVAC calculation software’s such as Hevacomp.
• Middle eastern experience
• Revit capability
• IES user
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (BEng) or Masters Degree in Engineering (MEng)
• Membership of a recognised professional body (CIBSE, IMechE or ASHRAE)
Competitive basic salary
Annual flight allowance
Accidental death in service cover
2 x professional membership subscriptions
22 Days Holiday per Annum
About the Company
Described by our clients as passionate, innovative, collaborative: BuroHappold Engineering is an independent, international engineering practice that over the last 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the worlds leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations such as the United Nations, The World Bank and UNESCO. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today.
As an organisation we strive for progress and are committed to finding new and better ways to deliver elegant solutions. We recognise that this can only happen if our people can keep up with, create and implement the latest developments in technology and ideas. We offer learning and development opportunities at every level, to help shape exciting and personally satisfying careers and ensure our engineers stay at the cutting edge of industry thought.