Job description / Role
• Create sales, submittal, and fabrication drawings using SolidWorks in accordance with ANSI drafting standards.
• Design FRP tanks, ductwork, structural steel, and other components per project requirements.
• Review project specifications to determine equipment compliance, materials of construction and other specified requirements.
• Prepare bill of materials (BOM) and bill of quantity (BOQ) to delineate equipment included in a project.
• Create Piping and Instrumentation (P&ID) diagrams.
• Prepare Engineering submittals and O&M manuals for projects.
• Work with fabricators to improve manufacturability of equipment to reduce cost.
• Communicate with engineers and customers regarding project challenges and resolve.
• Identify and track the completion of tasks required to execute individual and concurrent projects.
• Work with team to keep projects on schedule and within budget.
• Occasional travel to suppliers, vendors, and manufacturers for equipment compliance inspection & FAT.
• Occasional travel to job sites within GCC Region and International locations for pre-award meetings and post-award installation reviews.
• May assign other assignments for which you are deemed capable.
• Bachelors (or equivalent) degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college/university plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience in project engineering role
• Proficiency and experience creating models and fabrication drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCad. SolidWorks experience a plus.
• Proficiency with computers and MS Office software.
• Strong organizational, documentation, and writing skills.
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team in a “performance” environment.
• Have a professional aptitude and positive “can do” attitude.
• Analytical, creative mindset and able to solve mechanical engineering problems
• Good command of the English language, with good written and verbal communication skills.
• Have UAE Drivers License.
About the Company
One of the leading manufacturing companies in UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Mechanical Engineer I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Dec|
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical - Building Construction / QS Engineer