Job description / Role
- Experience in carrying out Building Services (Air-Conditioning, Drainage, Domestic water, Fire Protection, LPG etc) design to ASHRAE, CIBSE, NFPA, International and British Standards and Local municipality and Utility Authority regulations
- Coordinate with Architects, Structural Engineers and Mechanical Engineers and any other design consultants
- Design proficiencies in HVAC, plumbing, drainage, fire protection, smoke control and Building Automation systems
- Coordinate the MEP design and execution between Engineer and contractors/subcontractors
- Review & Ensure that MEP procurement strategy is practical and efficient
- Carry out arithmetical checks and independent design checks of Consultants design and design reviews in accordance with Quality procedures
- Responsible for the correctness and accuracy of their own work and the work of the team
- Complete engineering work within the agreed programme,
- Should attend regular meetings (on work progress, coordination, design, etc.) with Main Contractor and Consultant to discuss key issues related to the project and take effective corrective actions.
- Participate in value engineering activities to ensure delivery of maximum value of mechanical engineering/services
- Conducting reviews of engineering options and evaluations to validate the robust nature of new products and design solutions.
- To coordinate with other design disciplines as required on a day-to-day basis or as set out by the project requirements
- Review all designs for its buildability and ensure it is fit for purpose.
AED 15,000 to 20,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering. In addition, membership of a recognized professional institution is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in high-rise residential and commercial towers Minimum 7 years’ experience in Middle East
- Experience of Mechanical design software -- Computer design package E-20, IES Design Suite, Hevacomp.
- Understanding of British, American and International design standards
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential
- Experience of dealing with contractors and construction activities.
About the Company
Budge is a leading professional Recruitment and HR Consultancy covering the Construction, Real Estate and Asset Management Sectors in the UAE and across the GCC. Established in 2003 with offices in both the UK and Dubai, we apply nearly 15 years of local knowledge working with experienced consultants and an unparalleled network of clients and applicants from around the world, bringing you a refreshing approach to recruitment.
Our specialist consultants act for every class of organisation including investment funds, developers, consultants, contractors and specialist sub-contractors. We are the preferred supplier for a number of world renowned organisations both in the UK and Middle East.
Budge is a privately owned company that prides itself in offering a complete and professional solution to like-minded organisations across the globe.