Job description / Role
Title: Mechanical Engineer - Static & Packages
Study and develop conceptual designs, prepare detailed engineering solutions, plan, monitor and coordinate all assigned modifications (projects) with project team for a wide range of tasks related to discipline scope. Act as a key focal point for in-house /subcontracted engineering. Review of engineering studies conducted in line with defined requirements, industry best practices and contractual agreements
Task & Responsibilities:
MECHANICAL STATIC / PACKAGE ENGINEER:
- Familiar with International code & standards ASME Sec VIII Div. 1, API-650/620/653, ASME Sec. II Part A/B/D, other ASME Codes B16.5/16.47, TEMA, ASCE7-05/10, NACE etc.
- Familiar with sour service requirements
- Author and compile in-house designs including feasibility studies, concepts, and FEED.
- Conceptual studies of ASME, API, TEMA, BS 5500, WRC 107, 297 & client reference standard to fulfil client & code requirements (U, U2 stamp).
- Apply knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and non-standard situations.
- Be fully familiar with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule, and all inter-discipline requirements
- Interface with other disciplines to obtain input for discipline designs and drawings
- Coordinate discipline review and approval of design and interfaces with Contractor on Company requirements and specifications.
- Preparation of mechanical design data sheet of Static Equipment i.e. Tank, Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers, air cooled Exchangers, Filters, etc.
- Performing strength calculations of Pressure Vessels and Heat Exchangers by PV-Elite, Compress software, etc.
- Familiar with mechanical equipment package systems and understanding equipment requirements connected to piping systems.
- In depth knowledge in preparation of Material Requisition for static equipment / Packages and Preparation of Technical queries for the offers submitted by the equipment suppliers and getting technical confirmation on the queries.
- Carry out technical evaluation and preparation of technical bid analysis
- Review of fabrication drawings and documents submitted by equipment suppliers.
- Carry out the technical reviews for all areas of work covered in mechanical/static engineering projects while evaluating requests and recommending appropriate solutions and proposing changes as necessary within the defined project scope and protocols to facilitate achievement of defined objectives.
- Develops calculations for adequacy checks of existing equipment (i.e. Vessel, Tanks etc.) for any modified conditions, etc.
- Prepare Scope of Work and technical specification for Tank modification and other equipment for mechanical construction subcontracts.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BE Mechanical with minimum 10 years Industrial experience
- In depth knowledge of industry international codes and standards such as ASME, API, NFPA, NACE, PIP, ANSI, ISO
- Good knowledge of discipline design/engineering with wide experience in different discipline areas.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.