Job description / Role
- Participate in training assigned personnel.
- Generally responsible for site supervisions of all delegated mechanical works at site, leading the construction team/s in executing the assigned tasks.
- Allocate and utilize effectively and efficiently all the available resources such as manpower, materials, consumables, equipment, tools, etc., in executing the works.
- Supervise directly and provide support to all the work groups assigned.
- Ensure that all the daily targets given by the Mechanical Engineer/Supervisor will be completed at the end of the day.
- Check the attendance of all workers assigned directly under his supervision.
- Assign targets to each worker and ensure targets are met on a daily basis.
- Prepare and submit site reports on regular basis or as required.
- Make recommendation and/or alert Engineers/Supervisors on potential problem/issues with the execution of assigned works.
- Knowledge of HVAC, and in particular, ducting systems fabrication, erection, and installation, including their designs, uses, repair, tools, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials, quality control, costs, components, composition, and other techniques for maximizing the effective fabrication, erection and installation.
- Ability to read technical drawings and execute accurately the described works.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
Preferred Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma or certificate in HVAC/Mechanical Building Services Installations or an equivalent degree
- Diploma or certificate in Plumbing/Mechanical Building Services Installations or an equivalent degree
- Diploma or certificate in Insulation/Mechanical Building Services Installations or an equivalent degree
Arabic Speaker is an advantage
- Any relevant extra qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the MEP Building Services Industry, out of which 5 years should have been in a supervisory capacity
- NOC must be made available if candidate has worked previously in a company
- The duration is for three (3) months, at the end of which, and based on performance, permanent employment could be granted.
About the Company
A&P Group of Companies has been operating since the early 1970’s, a period during which the foundation for the ambitious industrial and infrastructure development program of the Arabian Gulf and the Middle East regions was laid.
Since then the Group has successfully executed a large number of complex and multi-million dollar projects in all disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing works spanning an array of installations in different sectors including airports, hospitals, sports facilities, rails, hotels, power distribution, district cooling, military, residential, commercial, industrial, education facilities and major infrastructure projects over five decades of presence in the industry and specifically in Middle East and North Africa region.